Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 52

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Thank you!

I can deal with my kids having an ear infection provided that the infection goes away with the medicine they're prescribed, but it's just so frustrating when nothing is working! This past weekend my son was very irritable and super clingy. I couldn't wait to go back to work today haha

2. Hope you are getting those afternoon naps in!

bachna84, awwgereee and Colby Searcy like this.
  3. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

You too my man! Going back to work next week and last set of family just arrived this morning, staying all week!

bachna84 likes this.
  4. awwgereee

I hope your little guy can get some relief soon :(

bachna84 likes this.
  5. awwgereee

Is it one of the amber ones? I meant to get one for my oldest when he was teething, but I would forget about it every time I was on amazon, and now he has all of his teeth *whoops*

Colby Searcy and bachna84 like this.
  6. Colby Searcy

So I think my son's Love2Learn Elmo is possessed.

Every time he sleeps with it he's been waking up screaming in the middle of the night and shaking. He points outside/corner of his room saying "This!" which I have no clue what he's talking about, maybe he sees something?!

In the morning when we ask him why he woke up so much his consistent response is "Elmo! Bed!"

What should I do?

7. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Is getting rid of it an option? Even just for a few nights to see if it gets better. If it does, then you know that it is what truly bothers him. If Elmo isn't there, and he's pointing to something else, then maybe he's just having night terrors?

awwgereee and Colby Searcy like this.
  8. Colby Searcy

It's definitely the Elmo that's the problem, he was sleeping with it until he woke up 2 nights in a row in the same manner. Once we took it away he hasn't done that. Last night he took it to bed again cuz my parents are visiting the new baby and they put him to bed not knowing.

It's a scary feeling seeing him so terrified though

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  9. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

It’s official, guys, I’m a dad!

10. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Congrats! Boy or girl? And how’s the new mom and baby doing then?

We just got a call saying we can come in anytime tonight now to get my wife induced (instead of calling tomorrow morning seeing if a bed was available) so quick showers and then headed over! Just had dinner at Outback too so she’s good w her last meal lol

Colby Searcy likes this.
  11. DarkHotline

It’s a girl, she’s not new though, she’s about ten months now. I got the paternity test results in today and I’m just so happy to know.

12. Colby Searcy

I feel this man, good luck and godspeed!

Your daughter staying with y'all at hospital?

13. DarkHotline

I can’t wait to show her Star Wars or the Marvel movies or take her to Cardinals games at Busch. Not sure if I’m going to let her be a Blues fan tho, my baby doesn’t need to know what heartbreak is at a young age.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. Colby Searcy

Congrats dude, so happy for you!

Makes it even better that you seemed to make a connection the other day when you watched her

DarkHotline likes this.
  15. DarkHotline

@Brent, congrats on your little one btw

awwgereee, Brent and Colby Searcy like this.
  16. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

She’s staying with our friends tonight and coming in the morning or depending on how it’s going after Taylor arrives. Should be an interesting night...

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. Colby Searcy

Try to get some rest man!
    Try to get some rest, that first "night" was brutal.

Hope everything goes well for y'all!

awwgereee and Brent like this.
  18. Colby Searcy

I constantly feel like I'm gonna break Ella in half because if how small she feels compared to Ryker

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  19. Tomorrow is my last day of paternity leave :(

Nate_Johnson and Colby Searcy like this.
  20. Colby Searcy

Damn, I went back last Tuesday haha. Enjoy your final day! Try to get sleep

How do you think your wife will be able to handle 2 kids at home?

awwgereee and Nate_Johnson like this.
  21. Our son is in daycare so it’s just her and the baby. She seems ready to take it on! I know that it’ll be tough, though. I’ll have to do what I can to take over when I get home so she can rest!

22. Colby Searcy

Ah that's nice then. Do you get up in the middle of the nights and help feed or anything?

23. Yeah man, as suspected breastfeeding didn’t pan out so we do formula. She eats like 3 times a night right now and we try to split it evenly.

24. Colby Searcy

Same! We did straight formula with our first, this one shes trying pumping but doesnt seem to be producing much so that may have to end soon and go straight to formula.

Hope the transition back to work is seamless

25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My wife went out of town for the weekend for the first time since we’ve had kids (i.e. 4 years) but I’m relieved to report that I survived my first ever weekend with just the kids and I!