Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 39

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Maybe it's 'second baby syndrome' but my daughter's room still isn't even finished and she's 6-months-old, haha. We have a 3 bedroom house, so for years, her room was used as a storage room and we had a queen sized bed in there for guests. We JUST took the queen sized bed out of the room last week (we still had her crib and dresser set up and everything in addition to that). The closet is still filled with storage, so we're just now trying to clean everything out. Luckily, the room is pretty decently sized, so there's still room for everything, but it's so different from when we had our first and the room was just 100% ready to go a month before we even had him.

2. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Haha yep this is us except werew trying to get it setup

3. Colby Searcy

We also registered little man up for Mother's Day Out twice a week this fall.

Where had the time gone and how the hell did he grow up already??!

4. Colby Searcy

Taking the little over to get his first haircut tomorrow.

How was everyone's experience for their children's first?

awwgereee likes this.
  5. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Wait, you are taking him for his first just now? Drew has had at least 6 haircuts.

To answer your question though, he did great. Are you taking him a place that does kids haircuts or a normal place?

awwgereee and Colby Searcy like this.
  6. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

My son hasn’t had a haircut yet and he’s almost 14 months old ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. Colby Searcy

Yep first one, his hair didn't really start growing until he turned 2.
    Mines almost 2 1/2 lol

8. Colby Searcy

We are taking him to a kids haircutting place that specializes in children so hopefully it'll end well

Kingjohn_654 and awwgereee like this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My wife is a hairstylist, so she tried to cut my son's hair the first few times, probably around the time he was 18 months old or so. Anyway, he was way too comfortable with her and it just didn't work because he'd move around and not take it seriously. One of my good friends, who owns a barbershop, started cutting his hair about 2 years ago and my son is perfectly good for him.

077A2896-7B65-4867-A4F2-5B189BC51E78.jpeg
    That’s my buddy who cuts his hair.

10. Colby Searcy

Adorable!

My only worry is him being curious about what's going on and not keeping his head still

Kingjohn_654, awwgereee and ncarrab like this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, I had that same fear but my son is scared shitless around strangers for the first 15-20 minutes he's around someone, haha, so he didn't move a muscle. He still doesn't move whatsoever when he gets his haircut, even though he knows him well by now. He's super still and very serious, haha.

12. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I am sure he will be fine. Most of those places have Netflix and play it during the haircut so they are pretty focused on that.

13. awwgereee Feb 23, 2018
    (Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2018)
    awwgereee

Aww! If you are sentimental or have a baby book, most places have envelopes or little cards so you can save a couple locks of his hair.

Ours cried the whole time, but we also went in the afternoon when he was tired. After that we just bought a clippers and some sharp scissors and now cut his hair at home where he can be more relaxed.

I hope everything goes well!

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Wait until you take him to the dentist for the first time :crylaugh:

15. awwgereee

Yeah that was great time too... he bit the dentist :seeno:

16. Colby Searcy

Oh yeah that'll be sometime this year.

My wife growled at her dentist the first time she went. The dentist still remembers it too

Kingjohn_654 and awwgereee like this.
  17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Try to find a dentist who specializes in just kids. My dentist wouldn't even take my son for an appointment, they told me to contact a specific dentist who is very popular for children in our area. We took my son there about a year ago (he's since gone twice) and the place was incredible. The waiting room had video games everywhere (like, arcade games) and then each cleaning station had big screen TVs with kids shows on and animals and trees and decorations hanging all over the walls. It was incredible.

18. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Mines around the same age 2 1/4 and also has not had a haircut.

Colby Searcy and awwgereee like this.
  19. Colby Searcy

I remember him being pretty bald too last pic you posted. Haha

20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Haha yup, he has hair now though!

Attached Files:

21. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I wish my son would talk about his penis a little less. Idk how to handle it. I don't want him to be ashamed, but I don't want him to be too comfortable either.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  22. Colby Searcy

I'd say so! Even more than mine! Y'all letting it grow to a certain point before cutting it or what?

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  23. Colby Searcy

How old is he?

What does he say about it?

bachna84 and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  24. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Three and a half.
    He mostly just thinks it's funny. So he'll find any excuse to talk about it.
    About a year ago, we were staying at my sis in law's house. I get him out of the tub one night and he books it to the opposite end of the house where everyone is. Someone mentions him having a small butt like his dad. Then he says "Daddy has a small bum and a BIG PENIS." Everyone lost their minds laughing. We couldn't help it. We lost our minds. I feel like ever since then, he'll find any excuse to talk about his penis to get laughs. He's basically me in highschool.

bachna84, Colby Searcy and ncarrab like this.
  25. Colby Searcy

Sounds about right.

For us, when Ryker is doing something similar we try our hardest to not laugh or give in to it so he knows it's not getting to us but it can definitely be difficult for sure

bachna84, awwgereee and Kingjohn_654 like this.