Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 37

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Wife and I were in the backyard doing some yardwork... My kid opens the door, yelled "Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom!" And she replied each time until she yelled "I'm right here, what!" and then Teagan goes.... "nothing". This happened twice today. Just had to laugh at such a kid/parent moment.

2. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Did he maybe fall out of bed? Or maybe a sleepwalker? Hope he's okay.

awwgereee and Nate_Johnson like this.
  3. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Something similar happened with my 3 year old. Was limping and crying that his leg hurt. We had no idea why. Got X-rays and some how he had inflammation in his hip. They just gave him pain medicine and said no running or jumping for a few days. He seems to be fine now but he hasn’t really had a chance to run and jump yet

Colby Searcy likes this.
  4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

We took my dog for a walk last night. Only thing I can think of is - he likes to walk on the snow mounds - that his foot got stuck in a frozen snow pile and he tweaked his ankle, then went to bed without ‘walking it off’ and it stiffened up on him while in bed for 11 hours.

By mid-afternoon he seemed fine. He’s been walking/running on it sincewith no problems.

5. anthony

Does anyone here have children with special needs?

Colby Searcy likes this.
  6. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

No, but my wife is a BCBA(in a nutshell she works with children on the spectrum and other developmental disabilities). Do you need help with something? I can ask her

7. anthony

super nice of you to offer. but no, im gold. my son has a developmental disability, wondering if any other parents in here were in the club so to speak. :)

Colby Searcy and Nate_Johnson like this.
  8. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Anytime! I’m so sorry but I’m sure he is amazing.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  9. anthony

Not something one really apologies for haha but I appreciate the sentiment. :)

11. anthony

12. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I have no idea what that is...so yay for me.

Now Curious George on the other hand...

Colby Searcy and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  13. anthony

imagine a saccharine sweet family with a baby that NEVER FUCKING STOPS CRYING. also british accents.

14. aspeedomodel

Holy....moly...

15. Yeah we don't have cable so my son watches Netflix. Loves Word Party, Super Wings, Dino Trux

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think my son has kind of grown out of Peppa Pig. He's 3. He'll still reference it every now and then, but he never asks to watch it anymore. He's more into watching movies now...obsessed with the Cars movies and Minion movies. Still really big into Mickey Mouse and Puppy Dog Pals

17. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Curious George is such a bad example and always gets praised for it in the end. Hate him.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  18. aspeedomodel

I agree. Also, it cannot be understated how incompetent the man in the yellow hat is. It is truly shocking.

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My 3-year-old is starting to call us 'mom' and 'dad' instead of 'momma' and 'dada' and it's SUPER sad because he's starting to sound all grown up :worried:

20. anthony

curious george sucks, but what pisses me off is that they make the man with a yellow hat off to be some rich rockstar yet hes supposed to be a professor. i'm a professor, i certainly dont own a condo in manhattan and a summer house in the country.

21. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

He must be rich to afford a monkey!

22. anthony

but he's a fucking professor. professors are broke by definition. (90% of the time)

23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Potty training tips for a kid who refuses?

Colby Searcy likes this.
  24. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

How old are they?

Colby Searcy likes this.
  25. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I wish I could get my son to eat without having to trick him with reverse psychology.

Colby Searcy and awwgereee like this.