Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 30

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Can't believe I have a first grader!

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My son turns 3 tomorrow. He starts pre-school on Monday. I'm freaking out about it.

3. 3 is a different world my friend.

Kingjohn_654 and Fucking Dustin like this.
  4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Like, in a great, awesome, fantastic kind of way? :-/

Kingjohn_654 and Colby Searcy like this.
  5. Yes, but in other ways too. Interacting with a 3 year old is so different, haha. More opinions, more personality..it's wild.

6. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

My son will be 2 in 3 weeks and his current favorite word is "No". Fun stuff

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

CarpetElf and dadbolt like this.
  8. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Sorry feeling very triggered by my misbehaving 3 year old and my misbehaving 4 year old who was once 3

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It already amazes me how much personality my son has. He's been able to hold conversations for a good 8-10 months now and he's like a carbon copy of me. Acts like me, copies me, tells his own jokes. He recites and reenacts his favorite lines and scenes of movies/tv shows he watches. It's incredible to me.

That said, he started having AWFUL temper tantrums in the past 3-4 months. Like, really bad. Hitting, throwing, kicking, screaming, etc. They're few and far between but when they happen, it's beyond frustrating because my wife and I have no clue what to do. Was hoping that the 'terrible twos' would end but I'm guessing they don't when he turns three.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  10. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

My son is three and started preschool last Wednesday. It's very surreal man.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  11. Colby Searcy

My son's new favorite word is calling me by my first name except he can't pronounce the B so it sounds like "Coley" or "Coey".

Also he'll turn 2 on Friday which is fucking insane. I remember on AP I was talking with @aspeedomodel and @colorlesscliche about all our wives being pregnant simultaneously haha. Time flies!

12. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

That's funny! I don't think we've ever said our names in front of our son...

It does! In almost no time you have this little person you can talk with and have funny conversations with.

dadbolt and Colby Searcy like this.
  13. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Before you know it, he'll be making a Chorus account.

14. Colby Searcy

Man, his facial expressions are great! Most of the time I can't understand what he's trying to say but his commitment to his expressions and nodding and such while he's talking is hilarious

aspeedomodel likes this.
  15. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah man, ours is two in November. It's crazy how fast it went, he keeps getting smarter and smarter every week, it's insane watching him grow and learn.

You never call your wife by her name? Do you just say "Hey mom"? When talking to him, I say stuff like "go give this to your mom" or whatever. But, if I'm talking to her and he's around, I still stay "Hey Amanda..."

Colby Searcy and aspeedomodel like this.
  16. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Haha exactly! My son got a guitar Christmas and plays it EVERY SINGLE DAY. He holds it perfectly, uses a guitar pick on it, and sings (yells) fake songs. It's amazing how...he picked it up.
    Oh I guess that's true. I never thought of that. We do say "honey" or stuff a fair amount as well. He's never picked up on it.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. Kingjohn_654

He prefers punknews.org

Colby Searcy and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  18. Colby Searcy

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  19. Kingjohn_654

He prefers Rocksound or Alternative Press for his music news.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  20. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Today my daughter's coach stopped her in the middle of the game to tell her to stop scoring goals and let other people get some.

Background: Our daughter is 4. she missed the 5/6 cutoff by two weeks, so she's one of the oldest/biggest on her team. Last two weeks she has had two goals each game and a couple assists. She likes it, she's into it. There's a lot of young 3 year olds (it's a 3/4 team) that would rather pick flowers than kick a ball around.

What kind of crap is that...

21. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

A few months ago my son was 2, about to be 3 playing with mainly 4 year olds. He was the only one that would score goals and go after the ball. A lot of times he would be the only kid on his team still on the field because the field is like 5 steps away from a playground and all the kids just wander over there.

Then they added a 5 year old to his team, which they shouldn’t have but his mom complained because the next team up is 5-7 year olds and those kids were mainly 6-7. So my sons confidence went down because this kid was just dominating the ball. We put him on a new team for this season and he’s back to his old self now. Scored 3 goals today.

Kingjohn_654, Colby Searcy and Brent like this.
  22. Finding out the gender of future child #2 today :-O:-O:-O:-O

23. We're having a girl!

Kingjohn_654, Philll, Ken and 6 others like this.
  24. Kingjohn_654 and popdisaster00 like this.