Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

We're still having to do the surprise egg videos ._____. I had PTSD all Easter

stnewton, Brent and ChaseTx like this.
  2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Shopkins is a new craze in my house

Brent likes this.
  3. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I refuse to buy those things... the videos are bad enough as it is.

4. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Fuck those surprise egg videos. That one guy's voice fills me with such rage, but thankfully my son has moved on to doing puzzles (for now).

5. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Meant to sub to this earlier.

Went to 6 month checkup last week. Weighing in at 22 lbs., 27 1/2 inches. Yeah he's a pretty big kid. 2 tooth and maybe getting another.

Think that about covers it.

ChaseTx and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  6. Fucking Dustin

My 3 year old just made a F-bomb ._.

7. ChaseTx

At that age they're just repeating what they hear. He doesn't know any better

My daughter is extremely sensitive and can't handle the feeling of disapproval, so she rarely ever pushes boundaries

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  8. Fucking Dustin

Yeah he definitely repeated it from his mom, said it just like her. I feel bad for cracking up at it but I made sure to teach him it wasn't okay to say

ChaseTx likes this.
  9. ChaseTx

My daughter said it once and I gave her this treatment: If I make an angry face at her she breaks down in tears. Never happened again. Haha.

10. JRShoenberger

Trusted

This thread seems alright. Cool to see other parents around this website. My wife and I are foster parents and we have kids coming and going all the time. We have two adopted daighters (1 toddler, 1 teen) and one birth daughter (age 4). We also have a baby boy right now for a month or so.

11. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

My daughter is the same way, and it is such a blessing and a curse. It makes certain things easier, but man do I hate it when she becomes inconsolable over something little. The other night I got a little irritated about something, don't even remember what, and she completely broke down and stared crying, "Please don't be mad or sad at me" in between sobs. That made me feel awful because it wasn't really even anything.

12. ChaseTx

That's awesome! I'd love to be a foster parent if I ever have it together enough to do so.
    yeah I always go to hug her as soon as her face breaks. She's a good girl and I'm a pushover.

13. JRShoenberger

Trusted

My wife and I both do social work and I manage a foster care department. Our first foster kid was one of my wife's old therapy clients and we just kept going with it.

ChaseTx likes this.
  14. awwgereee

I thought this was a thread about our parents and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't.

I have a boy who is eight weeks, which I know is so little but I feel like time is flying by! I don't go back to work officially until May, but I was in yesterday and today with him. Is there anyone else who brings their child/children to work?

15. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I work with all women, and they love it when I stop in with my kids. I could never get anything done though if they stayed for any length of time.

16. ChaseTx

Yeah maybe it should be the Parenting Thread haha

17. awwgereee

That's what I'm worried about. I work for a small, family run business where the owner brings her children to work. I think it's awesome and I'm excited, but also a little anxious about how it's all going to work.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  18. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Congrats! I'm a father but my work is awesome because my boss threw a baby shower for us through work and I have my wife bring the little(big) man up to my office every few weeks cuz my boss really likes babies, plus a lot of the women I work with enjoy seeing him. Also a few weeks ago my little one made our company newsletter so now he's kind of a big deal haha.

scott and awwgereee like this.
  19. Fucking Dustin

Edited title for clarity haha thanks @ChaseTx

ChaseTx likes this.
  20. water & solutions

I used to be love_american_style

I have an (almost) 5 year old girl and six month old boy. Yeah.

ChaseTx and Colby Searcy like this.
  21. Man I feel like there's a whole world I'm missing out on, no idea what these egg videos and whatnot are that y'all were talking about.

22. JimmyIymmiJ

YouTube for Kids is either the greatest thing ever created, or the worst. I haven't figured it out yet.

ChaseTx likes this.
  23. Wait holy shit, there's actually a "YouTube for Kids" app. Had no idea haha

ChaseTx likes this.
  24. ChaseTx

Yes, that was a relief to learn I could leave her on a tablet unsupervised and not worry about her watching something terrible

I think @JimmyIymmiJ just meant kids content on YouTube though

25. JimmyIymmiJ

There is an actual app now @ChaseTx ! I put it on all of our devices.