Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm telling them to go forward with the deposition. Hopefully I can come up with enough for the hearings after...

spunkmeyer and Fucking Dustin like this.
  2. :crylaugh:

[​IMG]

3. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Garrett L., ChaseTx and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  4. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I like how people in the post your pics thread believe the child in the picture with me is my son. lol.. that's not my son. i'm not a parent.

i guess this goes in the parents thread... but not really. oh well..

5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Every time I have a picture with someone else's child everyone thinks I had another child so I get it hahaha

6. Jesse Atticus

Newbie Supporter

Hey guys, my name is Jesse. I have a five year old boy named London. Nice to meet everyone.

7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I've got a Disney obsessed three year old. She's everything to me.

[​IMG]

A shot of her I took the other week.

stnewton, scott and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  8. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

Speaking of Disney, obsessed, I just bought a PlayStation 4 that I thought I was getting for me. My 4 year old had other plans and we've been doing nothing but playing Disney Infinity. My dad got me into video games as a young kid (with Atari, haha, now I feel old), but he wasn't interested in anything beyond that. This has felt really cool the last couple days getting to play games with her and teach her.

scott likes this.
  9. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I'd love to start getting into games with her, especially Disneyland Adventure for 360/kinect, but since I'm leaving next week for pretty much 13 months It'll be awhile before I get to do much else with her. It'll be weird coming back to a 4 1/2 year old.

10. ChaseTx

I've been wanting to get my daughter Disney Infinity. She's into the Lego superhero games. Unfortunately she's more into YouTube

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  11. JimmyIymmiJ

Yeah I know all about that. When we started playing the Inside Out part last night she went nuts because she recognized it from her videos.

12. Can't wait to do stuff like this with my daughter.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  13. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

I can't even imagine what this would be like. May not mean much from a stranger, but I appreciate you sacrificing your time and thank you for your service.

Brent likes this.
  14. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

My son is 4 and I purchased a Wii U so we could play together, but all he wants to do is watch monster truck videos on YouTube on the pad lol

ChaseTx and JimmyIymmiJ like this.
  15. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

So many weird YouTube videos.

16. ChaseTx

Yep. My daughter likes shark videos, makeup tutorials, pranks, and these obnoxious family vlogs

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  17. JimmyIymmiJ

No shark videos, but my daughter loves all of those others. She's been really into claw machine videos lately which has resulted in more trips to places with them than I'd like to admit.

I'm just glad we've moved beyond the surprise egg videos. Those things became a bit tiresome with the subsequent reenactments we had to do with Shopkins and plastic eggs.

18. ChaseTx

Oh, she's done the surprise egg videos too. But sure why that's a thing. Also some videos with adults acting out scenes with toys, it's weird

19. JimmyIymmiJ

The Frozen ones with Barbie? Those ones are so ridiculous I can't help but crack up.

20. ChaseTx

Yes and Spider-Man

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  21. JimmyIymmiJ

Yes. How could I forget haha. I just always remember the one where they all got stuck in the pool or something. That was the first one I saw and just thinking Joe ridiculous it was. I love how those videos have them all married with kids and whatnot too

ChaseTx likes this.
  22. Neo Cassady

Summer taunts the weak. Prestigious

Hey, I can participate in this one! First child (daughter) was born in January. Now she's smiling and babbling and grown out of newborn clothes. Time flies.

23. JimmyIymmiJ

Enjoy it! You'll wake up tomorrow and it'll be like a different kid. I can't believe how fast the time has gone.

Neo Cassady likes this.
  24. Neo Cassady

Summer taunts the weak. Prestigious

It's crazy. We brought her to daycare today as a trial run since mama goes back to work on Monday. There were tears, not all of them from the baby. I can't wait to see who she grows up to be, but I want to hold onto these moments forever.

On a related note, something I recently heard/read that has stuck with me is that there will come a point in time when you pick your kid up, put them down, and never pick them up again. That really made me comprehend how important it is to cherish this time in their lives.

25. JimmyIymmiJ

My parents expressed that same idea to me (about me of course) just before my daughter was born, and it's one of the best things that can be said. I try to keep that in mind at all times, especially the not so good times.

Neo Cassady likes this.