Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread • Page 117

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Bluey's dad is much cooler than any dad in real life.

Brent, jpmalone4, scott and 3 others like this.
  2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The cocomelon mom and dad are both cool too

Allthegiganticthings likes this.
  3. i love bluey so much, but yeah i can't compare to those parents, such unrealistic standards

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My son has pink eye. I actually think he's had it for a while now. Last Saturday he woke up with a rash underneath his eye, but his actual eye was not red at all. My wife thought it may have been pink eye, but the rash went away by Sunday - and he never seemed bothered by it.

Today, my wife took both our kids to the doctors because, although they have felt completely fine, they've both had a bad cough for like, two straight weeks. Sinus infections, but then the doctor looked at his eye and was like 'did you know he has pink eye?'

Ugh. Somehow, my daughter hasn't gotten it yet from him.

AgonizingFir likes this.
  5. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I really wonder what they do for a living to be able to afford that boogie ass daycare and all of the fun stuff around the house.

And to just allow all of those animals to hang out around your home and your kids seemingly without consequence? Yeah, they gotta be pretty chill to do that.

Cameron likes this.
  6. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Daughter usually never spits up but she majorly spat up today and had a violent bout of choking. It was so sad :(

scott and Colby Searcy like this.
  7. drewinseries Apr 15, 2022
    (Last edited: Apr 15, 2022)
    drewinseries

Drew

My son was born 4/1/22! Mom and baby doing well. We just had our two week check up and everything is good. Been a wild ride so far. I’m tired, exhausted, and full of love

8. noisyneighbour

congratulations! glad to hear everything is going well. welcome to the thread/club.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  9. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Congrats! I was actually thinking about y'all the other day, couldn't remember when y'all were due. Very glad that everything is going well!

10. theagentcoma

Baby slept for 12 freaking hours last night, it was incredible

11. AgonizingFir

Currently Distracted Supporter

Ours just started sleeping in 4 hour stretches with quick feedings in between. Almost feel human again

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yea our 2mo has a started doing 5 hour stretches which is great

13. drewinseries

Drew

My dude definitely has night and day mixed up. Granted he's two weeks + 3 days, but he goes 2-3 hours during the day napping between feeds but then once it gets to like 8pm he only goes for an hour or less sometimes before getting really fussy/wanting to be held/eat more, though its in more frequent smaller bursts.

Colby Searcy and theagentcoma like this.
  14. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

You’ll get used to it lol, dealing with kids and their inability to go to bed/sleep is a never ending battle.

15. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Yeah I’m over 2.5 years in and she still wakes up every night and now we’re going through a phase where it takes 1.5 hours for her to fall asleep at her normal bedtime

swboyd and theagentcoma like this.
  16. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Sorry if this comes across as a brag post, but Im trying to figure out if my 2.5 year old son is really smart or if the internet is just lying to me. Based on what Im reading, he is ahead of all his milestones, but I dont ever see any other kids his age so I dont know how accurate the info Im getting is.

He basically has no limit on the amount of words he uses in sentences, if you ask him a question and he doesnt understand, he will ask clarifying questions to figure it out and he memorizes pages of the books read word for word after only a couple times through.

The other night, as I was putting him to bed, I said 'sleep well, little diamond' to him and without hesitating, he laughed and said 'you too, triangle'. That kind of thing happens fairly frequently. Is this something or am I just being a loser parent who thinks their kid is the best?

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. theagentcoma

The only way to know for sure is to record a conversation with your kid and upload it here and let us scrutinize it /s

Colby Searcy and spiffa0 like this.
  18. Colby Searcy

We felt this with my oldest for sure. Like by 18 months-2 years he knew all his letters by sight not just the song, talked in complete attendees, etc. We felt the same way as you, we weren't sure how he actually compared to others and whatnot.

Anyway he's 6.5 now and almost finished with Kindergarten and just got accepted in the school's GT program.

Then you look at our 2nd and she's just so different she can come from asking some of the dumbest questions you'll ever hear to doing something very profound and completely intelligent the next.

19. Colby Searcy

Sorry that all y'all are having sleep issues. We've been lucky with my oldest 3 where they've been sleeping through the night from 3/4mo onward with no issues, they all go right to bed now too without fighting us. Icky real issues are sometimes at my in-laws when they all sleep together they keep each other up but at home they're great.

I'm probably jinxing the fuck out of my 2 week old now though lol. Right now he only gets up like 2X a night and goes right back to sleep after eating

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. drewinseries

Drew

bruh, my two week old is up every HOUR

21. Colby Searcy

My oldest was exactly like this so I've been there! He practically screamed and cried his entire first 2 months of his life. Absolutely brutal but it does eventually get better!

drewinseries and theagentcoma like this.
  22. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

The worst is when you just trying to relax and unwind with a movie and then you hear that crying and patter of feet coming towards you. Your heart just sinks.

23. theagentcoma

Wait, they walk??? I was told they'd remain slugs forever

Colby Searcy likes this.
  24. drewinseries

Drew

Two hours between feeds last night fellas. It’s like going to a spa.

25. Colby Searcy

Hell yeah! Got you some good sleep!