Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Parenting Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fucking Dustin, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I know there's only like 3 of us here at the moment but figured there should be a place for parents to discuss our children's shenanigans and our own desire for social lives.

Ground rules that should be obvious: no judgment, show respect, advice only when it's asked for because we all know how annoying it is when people tell us how to do our jobs when we don't ask.

2. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Not a parent yet, but we are expecting twins in the next 4-5 weeks. I'll definitely be back.

AmmyR, BlueSkies and Colby Searcy like this.
  3. Fucking Dustin

That's so exciting, congrats!

My ex and I were so certain we were going to have twins haha, didn't end up happening but I bet it'll be an amazing life.

KidLightning likes this.
  4. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Thanks, it is exciting, and frightening. From what I've heard it will be really tough for the first 10-12 months and then it will get easier since they will always have a friend.

5. Fucking Dustin

It's true, when Grayson turned 1 he and Gavin became best friends, although it was a bit of a rough start since Gavin was in the middle of terrible twos haha. But now they're so close to each other and it's the greatest.

6. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

My wife and I have our second child on the way. I'm excited about having another baby and seeing our son's reaction to having a little brother around. I'm also hoping he grows out of this "threenager" stage before the new kid arrives, because that has.... not been super fun, ha. BUT... running around the house with lightsabers and experiencing life through his lens has been super rad.

7. Fucking Dustin

Congrats! How far along? The threenager life is definitely...something else. Hahaha. In the middle of that with Gavin right now, and him having a little buddy helps sometimes because he's always got a friend to play with, but also hurts sometimes because he has a partner in crime now haha. I'm not sure how it'll be with an infant but I'm sure it'll be great. :)

8. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Son turned 8 months two weeks ago. He is starting to really cause trouble...

dharkins likes this.
  9. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Thanks! She's due in August so they will be almost exactly 4 years apart. The always having a friend to play with has me really excited, since I have to sometimes work from home and he doesn't exactly understand why daddy can't come play with him at all times.

dharkins likes this.
  10. My daughter will be 1 on the 27th. Crazy to think it's already been a year. It's definitely been an adjustment but overall I love being a dad and she's perfect.

dharkins likes this.
  11. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

My son is going to be six in May - I'm looking forward to chatting with all of you!

dharkins likes this.
  12. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

That's one of the reasons I want to have a second kid - but my wife just isn't having it. My sister & I get along so damn well, and did when we were growing up, too so I wanted something like that for my son, too.

stnewton likes this.
  13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Darn I thought this would be a thread to talk/complain about our parents

jorbjorb, Alison, fame and 3 others like this.
  14. Fucking Dustin

This would be a good thread too tbh

15. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I also thought this would be a thread about our parents, who just don't understand

But I am down with this thread about us parents, who understand everything

16. Fucking Dustin

My 3 year old just cuddled up next to me and said "I'm going to be like daddy!"

Please excuse me while I go melt into a puddle

17. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

My daughter (she's 4) just sang You Are My Sunshine to me, while adding in Daddy at all of the appropriate parts. It's a little dusty in here.

18. ChaseTx

It was particularly rough taking my daughter back to her mom after a week at home. Hopefully this will be sorted out eventually

19. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

How's that been going, man? I've been meaning to ask you on AP about it, hope it's going well.

20. ChaseTx

It's a very slow and expensive process, which I guess should be coming to an end in the next few months. I can't wait for the court stuff to be over, it makes me so anxious.

It's really hard not seeing her everyday, and I know it upsets her too because she asks why she can't see me as much as her mom. But I spend as much time as I can with her and make the most of it.

21. ChaseTx

Since there's no personal life whining thread, I'm just going to spoiler my custody troubles to not bring this thread down right now.

My daughter's mom is apparently now moved in with her boyfriend, who I've never met and obviously not comfortable having my daughter there. I need this case resolved, and quickly.

22. Fucking Dustin

I really hope it can be resolved soon. That can be very unhealthy and also in some custody laws, illegal. Wishing for the best for you and if you need any help do not hesitate to ask.

23. ChaseTx

I appreciate it. I just emailed my lawyer to get a solid estimate on what everything will cost and also let him know what's going on, so if she's broken orders in any way we'll do something about it

dharkins likes this.
  24. Fucking Dustin

I know in my agreement she had to update me any time she moved and let me know at all times who was living with her, I just don't remember what my option was if I didn't approve. She also had to update me if she was going to get married. And vice versa on all this of course.

25. ChaseTx

Oh that's right. She told me her address this morning but didn't mention who was living with her. I inferred that from another text saying he was out with them