Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Outsider (HBO) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Syre Dream, Oct 17, 2019.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

wrong about both. impressive.

Cameron and Night Channels like this.
  2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I was pretty happy with it until the stinger. Really hoping that’s just meant to show that she is still dealing with what happened and not a tease that she’s infected.

Overall I enjoyed the show and thought it had some compelling stuff all the way through, but the first few episodes were absolutely the best and I wish it ended on as high a note as it started.

3. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Not a hot take but this could have been a 6-part miniseries rather than a 10.

Finale was good.

imthesheriff likes this.
  4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I didn't read the book...what were some major differences - if any - between the show and the book, particularly with the ending?

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I personally really enjoyed this show, and thought it kept it’s feeling of dread interesting throughout. Also some fantastic performances.

angrycandy likes this.
  6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I also liked that the Bolton’s who perished in the cave just died of natural causes. I was under the assumption they were trying to make an IT esque origin story for El Cuco. Like they all awakened it, and it killed them all. It made sense it made its last stand there because it was feeding off the grief/tragedy of what transpired in the cave.

7. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Wasn't too into the last few episodes and really disliked the finale. I think the first few episodes were easily the best part of the show.

domotime2, mike1885 and NJPunkMusic like this.
  8. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I agree, I was hooked in with the first 2-3 episodes and it all felt a little flat for me after that

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  9. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I think once Bateman got the axe the story got way less interesting. Especially when they brought the weird woman in to start investigating.

domotime2 and SpyKi like this.
  10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Andddd not even close to sticking the landing. Terrible. I fell asleep twice for the freaking season finale.

Totally agree with the show went downhill after Bateman died

NJPunkMusic, Dinosaurs Dish and SpyKi like this.
  11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I caught up on/finished this today. It was fine, nothing remarkable at all about it. Some tense spooky moments, and i mostly did enjoy watching it, but man i do not care for another season of this lol

imthesheriff and GrantCloud like this.
  12. Kuri44

Started watching this today, currently on Episode 4. Really liking it so far!

Cameron likes this.
  13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Starting this now.

GrantCloud, Kuri44 and Cameron like this.
  14. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

GrantCloud and scottlechowicz like this.
  15. Night Channels

Trusted

It doesn't need a second season anyway

16. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed. My guess is HBO agrees with this, because it got great ratings.

Night Channels likes this.
  17. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

I haven’t read the book but was there enough to even make a second season?

18. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

Damn

I mean the cliffhanger seemed abit silly, but I was still looking forward to season 2

19. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

This was great

Hugo G. likes this.