Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Outsider (HBO) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Syre Dream, Oct 17, 2019.

1. I'm excited for the finale. Hope it delivers.

2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

talk about a cliffhanger

Dinosaurs Dish and phaynes12 like this.
  3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Very effective cliffhanger. I like that it wasn’t a barrage of shots but just a steady half dozen or so. Calculated.

Hope the ending is as good as this long buildup makes it out to be.

4. angrycandy

the ending will make all the difference between this being one of my favorite shows and a huge bathetic misfire

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I feel like episodes 3-9 could have been edited down into two or three episodes.

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Did anyone catch that the preview for next week said Season Finale...instead of Series Finale?

Are we getting a Season 2? And if so, what would it be?

7. Hmm, Julianne Nicholson has been pretty great imo.

8. Noticed that too and thought the same thing

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Something that has kind of bothered me about the show so far is that if we are to believe that El Cuco is essentially smothering Claude's mind and the real Claude feels paranoid and feels like something is in his head/someone is coming to get him every night, etc...Yet with Bateman's character, there seemed to be none of that. I understand that the story starts off with essentially Bateman's arrest for the child's murder so we don't see how he was acting prior to the crime, but the crime brought against him seem to hit him totally out of the blue and never once did Bateman (or his family) ever mention feeling off or paranoid or anything that Claude seems to be experiencing. It seems like a total set up for Bateman, where as with the Claude storyline, it's just impending doom for him.

j0hnnyrt and imthesheriff like this.
  10. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah I was thinking of that watching this weeks episode.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

And honestly, I'm still kind of confused how Jack is just kind of possessed but there is no doppelganger of him or anything. Like, he's murdered many people now just as the Jack we know. What happens if he gets arrested for any of the many crimes he's already committed?

So El Cuco possesses some people and for others essentially becomes a doppelganger of?

12. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I have been confused about el cucos powers for quite sometime.

The show isn't bad just doesn't need to be so long.

And personally I dont want another season

Dinosaurs Dish, phaynes12 and ncarrab like this.
  13. Syre Dream

Regular

I've got a pretty good idea about how they would do a S2

14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m enjoying watching it but I’m ready for it to end. And don’t want more.

GrantCloud, ncarrab and imthesheriff like this.
  15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Boring ass finale that makes the last half of this season and it’s slow pace make it feel even less worth the time spent on it.

And the twist of Holly being The Outsider leads me to believe they’ll continue with some other monster.

This is my immediate reaction. Disappointed. Blah.

SpyKi likes this.
  16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

And when the hell was she even close enough to get scratched anyways? What a bummer of a finale.

17. Messy finale, but I still liked the show overall. The moment with Ralph and Jeannie at the end was genuinely moving.

Probably when she went to stab him with the knife. But if it's dead, why would the scratch even matter is my question.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  18. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Right because we haven’t seen whatever he was get transferred to a different person.

19. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

I do wish we knew more about the el cucos powers but I kinda like the mystery of it as well. I think since el cuco feeds off grief and despair, Jack was the perfect/easy target to be his "minion" while regaining its strength. The scratch on Holly could just be from the cave falling in. I did like that the song playing at the end was the same song Ralph heard when his mother died/son was born. Overall, I loved the show.

GrantCloud likes this.
  20. Ya I could see the scratch being from something else like the cave, and just seeing it reminds her of El Cuco and sticks in the back of her mind or something, even after everything.

21. angrycandy

I enjoyed the finale :shrug:

Cameron and oncenowagain like this.
  22. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Did anybody notice that the final shot was shown in reverse

GrantCloud likes this.
  23. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

no i didn't, thank you

oncenowagain likes this.
  24. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

i thought the finale was alright, i understand keeping el cuco somewhat mysterious during the encounter with ralph/holly in the cave, but i do wish we got a bit more background information on the entity as well. el cuco being vague on when holly asked it if "there were more of it" and her with the cut on her arm are definitely leaving the possibility of them having another season. but IMO i kinda wish they just wrapped it up in one.

oncenowagain likes this.
  25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The Outsider episodes 1 & 2: As good as TV gets.

The Outsider episodes 3-10: Beyond meh.

SpyKi, mike1885 and Dinosaurs Dish like this.