Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Outsider (HBO) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Syre Dream, Oct 17, 2019.

1. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I haven't. There's no mention in The Outsider that she can do numbers like Rain Man or has a crazy memory. She just has good intuitions. I liked that she was normal.

2. Ahh. She’s portrayed in the Bill Hodges series as a computer/detective genius and it’s implied she is on the spectrum. Apparently the showrunner wanted to make some changes to her characterization: The 1 Thing Stephen King Insisted on for HBO's 'The Outsider'

(She’s one of my favorite King characters in all of his novels.)

Vivatoto likes this.
  3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

You can see the emotion in Terry’s eyes, really well done.

drewinseries likes this.
  4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Caught up on this today, so far enjoying it. I do absolutely agree that Holly’s introduction seemed like something you’d get in a cheesy episode of NCIS, but i do like her character. Have no familiarity with the book, so i am enjoying that i have absolutely no idea where this is possibly heading.

I will say that i am glad that it’s (supposedly) heading towards a supernatural element direction, bc i am very worn on just plain child murder mysteries.

GrantCloud likes this.
  5. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I really enjoyed the new episode

6. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

was spooky

7. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I thought it was alright, not as good as the past three but I was still satisfied.

8. Still enjoying this, but it feels like the audience has been told in large part what's going on and now we're just waiting for the characters to catch up. That said, I'm sure there are still surprises in store. I liked that this ep shifted to Holly's character taking the reins for the most part.

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I thought the episode was fine..when the credits appeared I literally said 'what the fuck?' because I was waiting for...something to happen all episode and it didn't feel like an hour has passed whatsoever. I guess that's both a good and a bad thing...not much occurred but it still didn't feel long, boring or dragged out, but when it ended, I felt a bit cheated.

10. drewinseries

Drew

This, the book was like this two. First two episodes are super strong, it's faltered a little. This should be like 5 episodes or to tbh.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Haven’t watched yet but the new episode is up

Joe and GrantCloud like this.
  12. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

really enjoyed this one

SlappinCups and Brother Beck like this.
  13. phaynes12

yeah i’m digging it

Brother Beck likes this.
  14. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Julianne Nicholson is fucking unreal on this show.

15. phaynes12

truly

EASheartsVinyl and Brother Beck like this.
  16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes, and so is Mare Winningham, especially this episode.

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

This show isn’t blowing my mind but it’s getting better and I’m really invested in seeing where this goes. Hope whatever gets revealed is dope.

Brother Beck likes this.
  18. I really enjoyed last night's ep. Felt tense throughout and like every character was on edge the entire time.

19. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

For the most part, this show has handled the un-explainable, supernatural stuff pretty well, but the dead mother scene was just ridiculously stupid.

Brother Beck likes this.
  20. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This is kinda where I am at right now. I am enjoying the show despite the fact that it feels very slow, mainly because all of the actors are doing fantastic work pretty much across the board. Love seeing Mendelsohn in this type of role. I wasn't sure I wanted to keep watching after Episode 5, and this episode pretty much pulled me back in, but that one scene you mentioned was so terrible and felt SO out of place. My wife and I legitimately laughed out loud and were like "What the fuck?!?"

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I never read the book, so I could be wrong, but I read an article that said that scene is not part of the book, so it's an even more head scratching choice.

Brother Beck likes this.
  22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That scene felt like the original It miniseries. Really bad.

Brother Beck likes this.
  23. Oh wow, I assumed that scene was there because it WAS in the book. Head scratcher indeed.

24. GrantCloud Feb 11, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 11, 2020)
    GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Also doesn’t jack have cancer in the books? they might have addressed it in the show, but I have forgotten if they have or not.

25. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

They diverted COMPLETELY from the books in the last episode.