Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Offspring Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Mar 31, 2016.

1. 333 GANG

ACAB

I liked Days Go By a lot aside from a few songs.

BlackwingE likes this.
  2. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Respect to the band for band for having the freedom to do whatever they please since at least 1998, but their albums from this century generally seem to lack focus because of it. It’s just a drag because they’ve shown they’re still very capable.

irthesteve and bd007h like this.
  3. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Fully agreed

4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

This was pretty much THE punk band for me until high school. Loved loved loved pretty much everything they'd released.

Now I'd say Smash is probably my favorite, or maybe Ignition. Ixnay is like 900 different things at once, but it's a ton of fun. Splinter has some damn jams on it.

Really the only one that no longer does anything for me is Conspiracy of One. Outside of 2-3 songs, it kinda feels like a wet noodle of a record

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

re-visiting their albums again recently, Days Go By is far and away their worst release. I remembered Bumpin In My Truck being bad, but mostly a joke, but jesus christ I forgot about OC Guns... absolutely embarrassing song

JRGComedy likes this.
  6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

OC Guns is atrocious. Cruising Cali is aight as a joke song, I agree. Kind of a bummer because there's some decent tunes on there. I've always enjoyed Dividing By Zero and Slim Pickens.

I think Ixnay has aged kinda badly too

7. Orla

Ixnay absolutely sounds like a product of 1997 lol

JRGComedy likes this.
  8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Some of the songs are super legit, but then they'll bust into Don't Pick It Up or Me and My Old Lady. The songs on there are so weird! Like I LOVED the album as a kid and now I'm like wtf is I Choose

Orla likes this.
  9. 333 GANG

ACAB

Days Go By certainly isn’t anywhere near their best, but there’s 5 or 6 songs on there I really love.

bd007h and JRGComedy like this.
  10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'm almost gonna say I like Splinter less than Days Go By, but the highs on Splinter are pretty good

bd007h likes this.
  11. irthesteve

Yeah, Splinter has some pretty bad shit too but there's more highs there that I can get behind

JRGComedy likes this.
  12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

How can you not love I Wanna Secret Family With You

13. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Man I loved Ixnay back in the day. I used to listen to it all the time playing THPS2 once I'd gotten tired of the game soundtrack.

I haven't listened to it in probably close to a decade but I thought I Choose was a jam.

Orla, bd007h and JRGComedy like this.
  14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I also love I Choose

bd007h likes this.
  15. bd007h

Ixnay is still my second favorite album, after Smash. Classic. Love the entire album!

Orla likes this.
  16. Orla

I still enjoy putting on Ixnay when I'm in the mood for some Offspring. I'd only listen to maybe half of the songs on their own (including "I Choose"), but the whole thing works really well as an album, and the tracks I don't enjoy so much aren't bad like half of Splinter is.

JRGComedy and bd007h like this.
  17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

It does work really well as an album!

18. irthesteve

Americana > Smash > Conspiracy of One > Ixnay > Rise & Fall > Splinter > Days Go By

JRGComedy likes this.
  19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yo Steve, gotta get on Ignition

bd007h and Orla like this.
  20. irthesteve

Not really into that album, it's too dirty and garagey

JRGComedy likes this.
  21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Smash > Americana > Ignition > Ixnay > Rise & Fall > Conspiracy > Splinter > The Offspring > Days Go By

Orla likes this.
  22. bd007h

Smash > Ixnay > Ignition > Rise and Fall > Americana = Conspiracy of One > The Offspring > Days Go By > Splinter

Orla likes this.
  23. bd007h

:(

24. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I've really soured on Conspiracy of One over the years. It just seems really like cheesy or something? IDK

25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I guess I should talk about what I love from this band. My dad introduced me to Americana at a very young age and I was hooked. Rise & Fall was a very influential album for me too. My high school rock band played Come Out and Play at our talent show, etc.

Orla likes this.