Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Offspring Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bd007h, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Paul Beaumont

Picked up the Ixnay repress too. Got all but Americana now of the albums worth having. S/t to Conspiracy of One. Seeing them with Bad Religion too in the summer, gonna be blown off stage as BR as opening but will still be great.

2. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Love this band they were one of the reasons I got into punk way back when.

They've got a lot of hate on here for their last album (which I like to forget happened...) but they have a solid catalog.

Splinter is sooooo underrated I think it seemed to get a lot of hate on AP. Lots of catchy songs like Spare Me the Details, Lightning Rod, (Can't Get My) Head Around You, Race Against Myself, The Noose...

bd007h likes this.
  3. poppunkpotato

Jalen Ramsey is the GOAT

If anything Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace gets the most hate, also Days Go By seems to be disliked. Although I actually enjoyed both albums, Rise and Fall had great songs like Half-Truism and You're Gonna Go Far Kid and Days Go By was good, especially if you heard Dividing By Zero and Slim Pickens Does The Right Thing And Rides The Bomb To Hell (although I would like to forget that California Cruising (Bumpin' In My Trunk) happened)

4. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

I honestly love the irony and sarcasm behind Crusing California, so I really dig the track haha

FTank and JRGComedy like this.
  5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I think OC Guns is a million times worse than Cruisin' California

BlackwingE likes this.
  6. bd007h

I don't mind OC Guns either, but I agree CC is better.

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Both those songs are bad, but the album definitely still has some winners on it

8. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Absolutely, I wouldn't call it a return to form, because they never broke their form to begin with. Every album has 5 or 6 great tracks, 4-5 pretty good ones, and 1-2 that are awful, haha.

9. bd007h

I honestly like every song they've ever recorded, just some more than others lol.

10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I used to be that way, but I've definitely grown out a few songs (looking your way, "Special Delivery").

11. bd007h

I love Special Delivery hahah

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Was one of the first songs I learned to play on guitar. How do you feel about Ignition? I've always thought it was a little overrated. That three album run from Smash-Ixnay-Americana is my favorite.

13. bd007h

Ignition is my third favorite album behind Smash and Ignition haha

14. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

This band has some great music videos. To this day I still own Weird Al and the Offspring's video collections on DVD.

bd007h likes this.
  15. bd007h

Get It Right, Dirty Magic, No Hero, Nothing From Something, and Forever and a Day :thumbup:B-)

16. bd007h

Agreed. Along with Weezer, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Foo Fighters.

17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

All excellent bands with excellent music videos. I'd toss Blink in there too.

Anywho, I went to a music festival in Walla Walla last summer and saw Mumford and Sons cover Walla Walla. The whole audience was confused except me. I was fucking stoked.

bd007h likes this.
  18. bd007h

I just found video of that hahah that's awesome.

JRGComedy likes this.
  19. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

I loved Days Go By. Played the shit out of it the summer of 2012. There are some great tracks on there.

BlackwingE and bd007h like this.
  20. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Do you think there are any super underrated Offspring tracks? I've never really found anyone else that is ecstatic about Come Out Swinging.

21. bd007h

Leave It Behind, The End of the Line, Denial Revisited, Nothingtown, Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom, All I Have Left Is You, I'll Be Waiting.

22. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

All good picks. When Days Go By came out, I remember reading some reviews that didn't like All I Have Left Is You, but I dig that song.

I haven't listened to Fix You in a long time, but I remember digging it back in the day.

bd007h likes this.
  23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Almost every non-single from Rise and Fall

bd007h likes this.
  24. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

That's a favorite of mine and some of my friends, as well.

25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Days Go By is like every recent Offspring album -- who am I kidding, every Offspring album period -- in that it has some amazing tracks and a couple god awful ones.