Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Offspring Hope to Release New Album This Year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Offspring hope to have a new album out this year:

We’re hoping to get it out this year, yeah! We’ve been working on it. It’s going real slow. [laughs] We’ve been in and out of the studio for a few years now. We want to get some songs out before we did the whole record. Like, “Coming for You,” whenever that was released.

mercury likes this.
  2. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Not to be negative, cause this band has made plenty of great albums...but anything has to be better than Days Go By

mercury, truelovewaits and Turkeylegz like this.
  3. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Days Go By was better than Splinter lol

4. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

The two weakest albums by the band but I think Days Go By is even worse. But to each their own my friend

5. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Both have some decent songs on them but I think overall Days Go By has a few more.

Although overall I think Spare Me The Details is the best one either haha

6. heymattrick

Sending my love

Wait, I thought I read recently they weren't going to release traditional albums anymore? Just singles and EPs? Or am I imagining things?

7. tomtom94

Trusted

Splinter and Days Go By both have the same problem that if they'd done EITHER a constantly tongue-in-cheek jokey album OR a stripped-down serious punk record they'd have been excellent; as it is, they're decent but could be better.

And besides, Days Go By is worth it for the closer alone.

8. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Man I really enjoyed Splinter. And it didn't have that California Bumpin song which was just horrifically embarrassing (not that I'm defending really any other joke song of theirs lol)

9. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

That's actually a great point about Splinter. If they got rid of Hit That, Worst Hangover, Spare me the Details and When You're in Prison, and added 3-4 more punk styled songs, I think it would've been an incredible album!

10. tomtom94

Trusted

Yeah. That said, I also have to confess I rather like Spare Me The Details. It's super catchy. Hit That too. No excuse for the other two though.

But same deal with Days Go By - cut Cruisin' California, OC Guns and Secret Family, boom.

11. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I personally like those 2 but it kills the flow of the album. Worst Hangover Ever is a rip off of Why Don't You Get a Job and Prison was completely unnecessary lol. It's funny, if you combine those 4 with those 3 songs you listed from Days and another 3 funny pop-ish songs, you have a great album of silly songs! I know they love sprinkling those songs in but a full album of that could be interesting.