Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Offspring Announce New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Offspring will release Let the Bad Times Roll on April 16th. Today they’ve shared the title track and pre-orders are now up.

Track Listing

1. This Is Not Utopia
    2. Let The Bad Times Roll
    3. Behind Your Walls
    4. Army Of One
    5. Breaking These Bones
    6. Coming For You
    7. We Never Have Sex Anymore
    8. In The Hall Of The Mountain King
    9. The Opioid Diaries
    10. Hassan Chop
    11. Gone Away Requiem
    12. Lullaby
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

This song seems optimized for modern day alternative radio (less distortion, acoustic guitars, more beat driven). I have no idea who is a hardcore Offspring fan in 2021 but this song seems serviceable.

3. WasteSomeTime

Regular

This. I was shocked I found this semi enjoyable

4. Eml182

Regular

When I heard the first 30 seconds I assumed another weird jokey song, but they bring guitars heavy, so good enough for a single.

5. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

The production on this is stellar, and I don’t typically like Bob Rock. I have high hopes!

6. Rawrz

Regular

Songs meh. I'll listen out of curiosity but I'm not expecting much from the album.

7. okaybrian

Sounds like 4 bridges that never amount to a chorus.

8. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Neat that they finally found a home for “We Never Have Sex Anymore”.

9. Fox83

Trusted

This is basically my first impression as well. A number of their songs sound this way to me though. Sometimes it works.

10. okaybrian

That's true, sometimes people can really make something cool out of that structure. I think what bugs me a little about this song is that each section doesn't help the song follow through. Like, just when the song starts to get momentum the next section comes in and brings the energy right back down again. It feels like stop and go traffic.

Nick Jagger likes this.
  11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That chorus has been stuck in my head all day. It's catchy AF.

12. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

The album art is atrocious though

arcarsenal72 likes this.
  13. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

It's no worse than that one album cover they had with generic stock fonts.

14. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

same here. pretty catchy. nice to see The Offspring can still put out good tracks when see Green Day just putting out absolute garbage.

DooDooBird likes this.
  15. DooDooBird Feb 26, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 26, 2021)
    DooDooBird

Trusted

I just learned there’s a brand new Green Day song that just came out. Wow. It is absolutely horrific. They’ve really fallen off a cliff and it’s like they don’t even attempt to write a decent song anymore.

Raku and CyberInferno like this.
  16. Phil507

People forget that in the late 90's/early 00's The Offspring were actually more popular than Green Day.

Raku likes this.
  17. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

true. "pretty fly for a white guy" was frickin HUGE.

18. Phil507

Americana and Conspiracy Of One were both much bigger than Nimrod and Warning.