Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Offspring Aiming for Fall Release

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 14, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

In a new video interview, Noodles from The Offspring announces the band have 10-12 songs done for their new album and have already recorded a video for one of the songs. They hope to release the album in the fall.

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I feel like they've been saying this for almost as long as the Ataris have been saying the same thing...

3. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Not nearly as long, but certainly feels like it. I recall very little about Days Go By other than the single sounding like a Foo Fighters song.

4. tomtom94

Trusted

The album was originally meant to be recorded in 2014.

They clearly don't like writing and recording songs. They said a while back they were going to stick to singles and EPs and honestly that would have been a much better fit for them. I don't hate Days Go By, mainly because Slim Pickens is an absolute banger, but it suffers from the same problems as every Offspring album since Conspiracy of One: too much filler and a constant habit of undercutting itself by trying to be funny.

If they've recorded a video that's more promising, potentially we'll get the single before they head out on tour with 311 and the album will be out September/October. But I still wouldn't bet against something going wrong.