Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Official Sneaker/Trainer/Kicks Thread • Page 6

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by PauLo, Apr 8, 2016.

1. cherrywaves

Trusted

Where did you see this? I got no plans tomorrow

2. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

always best to call the outlet just to see what they got left but yeah this is my go to place for cheap shoes.

cherrywaves likes this.
  3. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

Picked these Vans up while I was in Texas. Been a while since I've actually had a pair of Vans. They're pretty comfy

[​IMG]

coleslawed likes this.
  4. CobraKidJon

I just saw this video on the new Vans and I kinda wanted a pair but even at its price I still rather get some decent Adidas.

5. cherrywaves

Trusted

Honestly ever since New Balance became Trump shoes, Adidas have been my go to for sneakers. Some Vans are pretty cool, but nothing else really does it for me. Also I hate the trend of sneakers having ridiculously blown out soles.

Tried the outlets on Sunday but nothing struck my fancy, so I ordered a pair of Sambas

6. shea

RIP Supporter

Got a pair of those new Comfy whatever Vans slip-ons and it’s the first time in my life I can wear them without wanting to die.

7. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

ComfyCush. They've actually been selling some shoes with better-cushioned insoles for a little while now, but this is the first time they've marketed them as obviously. Before you had to find certain Pro or Lite models. I have a pair, and they're wonderful. I'm glad to see Vans keep going with the idea, unlike Converse who discontinued the Chuck II.

8. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Finally got some good weather so I’m breaking out the big guns...

E263CF8D-087E-476A-AEDC-240EBEA31F71.jpeg

PauLo and Blainer93 like this.
  9. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

10. CobraKidJon

this better not be an april fools joke

PauLo and coleslawed like this.
  11. chris

Trusted Supporter

Bought my first pair of Jordan's and I adore them

[​IMG]

PauLo likes this.
  12. PauLo

43% Burnt

Love that colourway.

13. PauLo

43% Burnt

Seriously tempted to get a pair of these.

14. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

655A9255-2EE3-43CE-BA7D-1B9DF1D89A47.jpeg

Guys..... I am so stoked

15. bluecharliedeltaecho May 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 4, 2019)
    bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

x

ChaseTx and ChiliTacos like this.
  16. PauLo

43% Burnt

Anyone ever bought anything of StockX? Good/bad?

17. jmitch0906

Quorn

StockX has been good in my experience (bought 5 or 6 pairs in the past year). Some shoes (specifically foams) I have read are harder to verify and some people have ended up getting fakes but that seems very, very rare. Most common issue I have seen is that some people receive pairs that aren't completely DS.

18. PauLo

43% Burnt

DS? Also do they only sell unworn pairs?

19. jmitch0906

Quorn

DS means Deadstock. They are supposed to only sell unworn pairs in original boxes. Basically sellers send their shoes to a StockX warehouse, someone inspects them (eye test), they put a StockX tag on it and verify, then ship it out to you.

I bought a pair of Jordan XIV's and 3 pairs of Prestos and Presto Mids (haven't been into sneakers for 5 or 6 years until last year). I personally haven't had any issues, shipping was always up to date, shoes came in perfect condition in the original boxes.

I had a good experience with GOAT (bought 1 pair of flyknit Prestos) until somehow, someone hacked my account on there and purchased a pair of shoes without me knowing (didn't even use the same mailing address or name on the account that I had) and then had to deal with getting a refund from GOAT that took forever due to their less than stellar customer service.

20. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

I have purchased a couple pairs from StockX and have never had issues. My only beef, and its 100% just me, is that I hate waiting for stuff and it takes a little longer with StockX.

21. PauLo

43% Burnt

Sweet, cheers for that. Although I should imagine that, if they take a while to deliver to the states, I’ll have an even longer wait in the UK!

22. jmitch0906

Quorn

Ya, I believe they have a warehouse in the UK or at least in Europe. But at least in my experience, tracking numbers and shipping information was kept up to date and I never felt like I was in the dark about where my sneakers were.

23. shea

RIP Supporter

FDADE294-272D-4FF8-8E71-BDB91932D869.jpeg

Never had a pair of NMDs before and tried a pair on today after being in love with these for the past few days.

Ordered them tonight, I’m real excited to get them.

24. bluecharliedeltaecho

Regular

Thinking about getting my first ever pair of Jordans. Anything a newbie should know? Any good recommendations?

25. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

The Jordan 1 Retro Gym Red’s dropping this Saturday at 10AM on SNKRS app are really fresh imo, might be a difficult cop though depending on your size. I actually went ahead and bought them already on GOAT (resell app) for FOMO but it might be easier than I’m thinking it’ll be. You really can’t go wrong with Jordan 1’s though.

Also I just un-DS’d my black Fear Of God Raid’s and good lord these are comfy as all hell. I’m so close to pulling the trigger on the light bone color way.

bluecharliedeltaecho likes this.