Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Official Side Hustle Thread

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by angrycandy, Jun 10, 2020.

1. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

we all know times are hard right now. two months+ of little to no income isn't exactly something anyone wants to deal with either. so getting a side hustle going might be the most conducive thing to do to earn a buck here and there. use this thread to talk about your side hustles and maybe even pick up a new one from someone else

let's get this $

2. angrycandy

right now I'm using Zynn. it's a new app where you get paid to watch videos. definitely recommend it

riotspray likes this.
  3. angrycandy

eBay is also a good one to use to earn some extra cash but it involves a lot of work. it also might not be worth it for some people. I've used it and it's gotten me through some rather hard times by just selling shit I didn't want anymore

4. angrycandy

started using a few other things too recently but idk if I can endorse most of them just yet

5. angrycandy

Prolific seems to be a rather popular one to use. I believe you participate in short(?) studies for cash. not sure if they have Paypal set up tho or if they pay out in gift cards

6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

this thread is just a place to find new plugs

Jdaniels and angrycandy like this.
  7. angrycandy

:crylaugh: sure why not

8. angrycandy

surveyjunkie seems legit so far

9. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

If you can find people to trust you with their kids, babysit! It's pretty fun most of the time!

10. angrycandy

started selling on eBay again today. sold a dvd within an hour of listing it

btw: for anyone thinking of trying eBay but afraid of the listing fees, you can list up to 50 items for free up until July 1st

11. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

These things worth shipping? Or does the shipping pay for itself?

12. angrycandy

not sure exactly what you mean but I did free shipping on the one that sold and I'm trying standard shipping on the rest. I'm listing everything for cheap anyway so if I sell a dvd for four bucks at free shipping, I'm eating the shipping costs and there goes all my profit. that's one of the vexing things about eBay: trying to offer things for cheap and not get fucked over yourself in the process but I think I got it figured out for the most part

Borat 2: Vengeance likes this.
  13. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

You ever hear about mTurk T dog? @BirdPerson I know has some experience, I think I applied before I had tax information available and they rejected me and won’t let me try again. Lol but I hear it can be decent money

14. angrycandy

I signed up for it but it never did much for me tbh

15. angrycandy

FeaturePoints seems to be legit too

16. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

MTurk all depends on the qualifications you earn/get assigned and if you're online at the right time. Basically you have to do a bunch of penny HITs to get your numbers up bc the money's in the batch work and not the surveys.

17. angrycandy

Prolific is great

18. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I was doing freelance writing for years. Have some horror stories, but was making hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars a month at points. Was literally paying my rent with it. I've stepped back because most of my clients have kind of vanished, even before Covid. But if anyone is starting off and needs some help, I can provide what guidance I can.

supernovagirl and angrycandy like this.
  19. @@ron

Regular

I really wish Prolific had an app with notifications. I keep missing good ones

angrycandy likes this.
  20. angrycandy

Prolific is awesome

but yeah, they need an app

21. angrycandy

been getting lucky with more high-paying studies on Prolific lately. might actually wait a bit before I cash out and accrue as much as possible

prolifc.png

22. Iain

Regular

There is something satisfying about getting some $$$ on eBay for something you were going to bin. I listed some of the clothes my girlfriend didnt want when we were clearing out. I only realised they took 10% of the postage fee! I’d have been as well making it free postage and bumping up the list price as its capped at a pound (on the promo i had). Learned my lesson there.

I have never really understood the UberEats style delivery gigs. My rough calculations have always made it look to come out to less than minimum wage by the time your factor in insurance, fuel and wear and tear.

angrycandy likes this.
  23. angrycandy

cashed out 12 bucks on Prolific today :-)