Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Official Racism Thread Social • Page 96

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm speechless

2. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

That's been going around twitter for at least a day now and I still can't think of a single explanation as to how a company with as many resources as Dove came up with it and no one said a damn thing. I'm 99.99% sure there is not a single person darker than a glass of eggnog at Dove's advertising department.

Robk and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Dove is dumb af and im unhappy they released that ad but I am happy they're getting called out cause I hate their marketing tactics

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah it's always so patronizing with the "real women" bullshit

mercury and skogsraet like this.
  5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It's like this female acceptance angle that's still focused on outer beauty. Which I get like that's what their product is lol but they just seem like extra emotionally manipulative ads

6. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Ken and popdisaster00 like this.
  7. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

I’m sure everyone itt already recognizes this, but here’s context for that Dove ad

8. Nevuk

Regular

http://www.businessinsider.com/marc-faber-investment-letter-white-people-blacks-confederate-statues-2017-10

9. lightning

10. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

11. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Love that her and Solange both called magazines out for doing this

13. timmyh

Went to KFC for lunch, friend came over saw my KFC box and said "Oh i didn't know you were part black "

Time for a new friend

incognitojones and skogsraet like this.
  14. lightning

Nazi-salute man drove at curry shop owner

15. lightning

16. lightning

Jackie Aina Says Huda Beauty May Be Pandering to Women With Darker Skin Tones

Kiana likes this.
  17. lightning

Jose and skogsraet like this.
  18. Kuri44

19. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

storm likes this.
  20. lightning

21. lightning

Interesting video

22. Was wondering where to post that; it's a good explanation of how representation affects perception and then how that perception affects action, for example, but it's definitely about much more than just that.

storm likes this.
  23. lightning

Kiana likes this.
  24. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

A middle aged white woman in NYC told my brother in law to go back to his own country

Full disclosure, he called her the c word before that. Cause he's a jerk.

25. scroopy.noopers

: (

I'm writing a paper on the myth of black liberation movements cause a rise in violent crimes, and was wondering if anyone here has read anything recent that is related to that? I'm mostly looking for peer reviewed/academic articles or books, but it doesn't have to be. I already have the FBI report on "Black identity extremists" as a source.

sophos34 likes this.