Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Official Racism Thread Social • Page 91

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Dominick likes this.
  2. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Dominick and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

literally did not know about John Brown until today

armistice, David87 and Dominick like this.
  4. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

oh yeah, dude did not give a fuck about anything besides freeing people

Dominick likes this.
  5. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

skogsraet and Dominick like this.
  6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

American history really is filled with all sorts of awesome stories and what not. I drove by Harper's Ferry NP once and it was beautiful, gonna hit it on our road trip next year and check it out.

7. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

We need more John Browns. :)

armistice, Jose, sophos34 and 2 others like this.
  8. St. Nate

Whatjuliansaid and skogsraet like this.
  9. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

all this stuff happening at University of Maryland has been so horrible the last couple days

FBI Investigating If Student's Death Is Hate Crime

a drunk white UMD student went up to a black Bowie State student waiting for an uber, at 3am (right outside of the dorm i lived sophomore and junior year), asked him to move, and when he didn't, stabbed and killed him. been found out since that the white dude was a member of nazi meme facebook groups and had been arrested for hate crimes before (one was expunged and one was outside of maryland). so, so digusting.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  11. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Wow that's awful

12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

13. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Kiana, Jose and incognitojones like this.
  14. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

15. dorfmac

Trusted

Who wants to help me compile a "What to get your Racist, Ignorant, Trump-Loving Dad for Father's Day" list?

I'm kicking it off with a reading bundle of White Like Me, Between the World and Me, and The New Jim Crow, but I'd love to hear your ideas too!

16. St. Nate

Roots box set.

skogsraet likes this.
  17. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Anything by Jeff Dunham.

18. St. Nate

My coworker who is black said being Asian helped Jeremy Lin and I was like, nooooooooo, definetely no, for the most part no, mostly no.

Like yeah Linsanity would of never happened without him being Asian but the path there was filled with more obstacles not opportunities... I mean in terms of a career as a professional athlete.

It's just a bummer and a little disheartening cause I see where he comes from in terms of social obstacles and racism but like most people he doesn't see where I'm coming from.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  19. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

I mean, Linsanity was a thing because of racist ideas about Asians lacking athletic skill.

20. St. Nate

Do you think... there may be a disconnect with black men from understanding that because they experience the opposite, as in there size and physicality is often over exaggerated to point that they're dangerous threats?

21. Dominick

Prestigious Prestigious

I think part of it is a function of the model minority myth, in which Asians are held up as evidence that black folks are inherently deficient. There's an identification of the relative affluence of particular Asian groups, which, in American ideological discourse, is used to represent the entirety Asian peoples, with the affluence and power of white people.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and Jose like this.
  22. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Jeremy Lin would have never been cut so many times if not for the racist ideas about his skill, he could've been contributing on a team way before Linsanity happened

Richter915 likes this.
  23. St. Nate

Hmmm... I see. But I'm still not liking any of your posts anymore.

Dominick likes this.
  24. St. Nate

I am 100% sure he would of been recruited by at least one D1 college if he was anything other than Asian.

Dominick likes this.