Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Official Country Music Thread Genre • Page 95

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Mar 15, 2016.

1. derekjd

Slow down, Quentin Supporter

I'm optimistic about the new Lone Bellow record. There are a ton of tracks that I love and a few others that I tend to gloss over, and I'm not sure I love the piano in between tracks (though the story behind them is cute). Look forward to seeing if it solidifies. Definitely like a few tracks more than anything since the S/T.

Next up is the Moreland record, then I'm checking out Steel Drivers. From the prereleases it sounds like Stapleton is back singing for them?
    Edit: not Stapleton, supposedly a guy named Kelvin Damrell. I literally could not tell the difference -- it's unreal.

Also, if anyone is sleeping on the new Sean Watkins album, definitely give it a listen.

@@ron likes this.
  2. drewinseries

Drew

New David Ramirez

Kruz1023 likes this.
  3. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

evergreen statement

4. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

5. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

This is great! It has a cool groovy/bluesy/country rock n roll mix and I'm super into it.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  6. zmtr

Trusted

Stumbled across her today. This song is fucking excellent

Slangster and Brother Beck like this.
  7. Brother Beck Feb 20, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 22, 2020)
    Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This is a fantastic song. I'm gonna buy this album tonight when I get home. Thank you for sharing.

* Edited to add that this whole album is fantastic. I've been listening to this on repeat.

zmtr likes this.
  8. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Kruz1023 likes this.
  9. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

10. mationation

I think God's a painter

figured I’d take some time to open a little reality tunnel to the music of Tyler Lyle so it can potentially affect you guys the way it has me. maybe more in the folk/pop category but the alt-country sound and influence is strong. he has the emotional earnestness, visual storytelling, and melodic hook ear I think you guys would enjoy. while also having insight and one liners that will bludgeon you. his voice is one of the most powerful I’ve heard. the man is tapped in to whatever you want to call it. here are a few songs and I hope you guys like them and are inspired to check out more

a sprawling and beautiful tune with a sentiment especially appropriate for a Monday:

a more immediate alt-country tune. windows down past and possibility at once:

also this one is longer and maybe less immediate but is just one of my favorite songs of all time:

Dave Diddy likes this.
  11. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

this is good stuff. reminds me of gold-era ryan adams, jackie greene, christian lopez, etc. thanks for posting these.

mationation likes this.
  12. mationation

I think God's a painter

happy to brother, glad you dig them

13. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Really digging the new Hailey Whitters album. Can't get enough of this song:

Matthewconte likes this.
  14. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Spotify recommended me this on Friday and I've listened a ton since. Sometimes they actually get it right.

Craig Manning likes this.
  15. Craig Manning

I was a big fan of the EP last year (which is just the first half of this album), so I was anticipating this one. It's even better than I expected, though.

16. Craig Manning

DaydreamNation and Deanna like this.
  17. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

New Courtney Marie Andrews album, Old Flowers, out June 5.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  18. navidson

Regular

Any idea when the new Caitlyn Smith album is due out? Sources just say March 2020 - I want it now!

19. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

March 13!

navidson likes this.
  20. navidson

Regular

21. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

oh hell yeah, i was just wondering when we might see something new from her

22. jdr2187

jdr2187

These guys just keep getting better.

23. Craig Manning

So the new Ashley McBryde album is just going to be fantastic isn't it?

24. jdr2187

jdr2187

Never heard of this guy till today, but the “cosmic country” description caught my attention. Pretty solid debut album.

25. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Any Sean McConnell fans in here? He features on every song on My Sister My Brother's little EP from today.