Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Official Country Music Thread Genre • Page 89

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I like Thomas Scorba, his album From the Foxhole from a few years ago is good. Not familiar with the other, I'll check it out. Thanks.

Kruz1023 likes this.
  2. The Lucky Moose Sep 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 17, 2019)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I’m looking for a song, so please help me out. It was watching the new season of The Ranch and they had a version of “Take Me Home, Country Roads” playing with what I believe to be two vocalists, a man and a woman. It did not sound very old (not as old as the original at least), though it’s hard to say because that show plays music in the background (from car stereos and so on). Any ideas?

EDIT: It’s definitely not Grant & Forsyth. Nothing as kitchy like that. It’s pretty stripped down.

3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The new Zac Brown Band album is one of the worst things ever made.

Kruz1023 and Brother Beck like this.
  4. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I didn't actually listen to it, but I sampled the songs real quick and was absolutely blown away by how terrible everything was. I was honestly kinda blown away, because they are a guilty pleasure of mine where I usually like their music even if in recent years I have to admit to myself they don't seem to be trying all that hard.

5. eagles1139

Regular

just sampled a few of the singles out of morbid curiosity, ew, absolutely not, no thank you.

Craig Manning likes this.
  6. Craig Manning

There's a song in the middle with Brandi Carlile that is pretty good. Everything else is terrible.

Brother Beck likes this.
  7. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I might check out that Brandi Carlile one just because of her, but I was actually feeling embarrassment listening to those samples.

8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

zac has always been shit imo

9. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I think his first album has a handful of really good songs, and I think You Get What You Give is absolutely stacked with great songs. Some fantastic b-sides on that one too.

10. Craig Manning

"Colder Weather" is one of the best mainstream country songs of the decade, easy. I think he's usually mediocre, occasionally fantastic, and rarely terrible. This album, however...

Brother Beck likes this.
  11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i don't like that song, like at all, but that's fine

Brother Beck likes this.
  12. Craig Manning

Well, fair enough!

phaynes12 and Brother Beck like this.
  13. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Okay, I listened to the whole album The Owl, or as much as I could stand. Fucking terrible. Even the song featuring Brandi Carlile is awful. She is awesome, there is no question there, but her singing on that song is like a nice bow on top of a steaming pile of shit. I suppose that makes it the best song on the album, because the other 10 steaming piles of shit don't even have bows on them. And I am someone who actually likes a lot of 2015's Jekyll & Hide.

14. Kruz1023

Hiss Golden Messenger released a cd today.

15. @@ron

Regular

Colder Weather was good until he recycled the exact melody for Sweet Annie.

I still like Free a lot though.

16. Craig Manning

He recycles melodies a lot. There’s a song on the last record that is almost identical to “Homegrown.”

17. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Natalie Maines said on a podcast that there’s a new Dixie Chicks album coming next year and it’s called Gaslighter. Along with an arena tour. Stoked for that, I really hope they make it over to the UK on the tour too.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  18. derekjd

Slow down, Quentin Supporter

The Hiss Golden album is going down really smooth on a beautiful Friday afternoon.

Kruz1023 likes this.
  19. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Charley Crockett released a new album today, its nice.

Kruz1023 likes this.
  20. Dave Diddy

Umm does this mean a new caitlyn smith album is soon?

21. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

I believe she said in some article that it's not coming until March? Could be wrong but pretty sure it's a Q1 2020 release.

22. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I haven't had a chance to finish it yet, but the first 7 songs on the new Will Johnson album are great.

23. Craig Manning

Next year. I think it’s done though.

24. Dave Diddy

ah okay. Seems a bit early for a single then, if that indeed is what this is and not just some random song not on her next album.

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

try here
    Music from The Ranch