Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Official Country Music Thread Genre • Page 77

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Getting to be EOTY time... what’s one country project that will be high on your lists this year that maybe flew under the radar? A song suggestion to go with the project would be great as well.

Craig Manning likes this.
  2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Going to give you two that haven't gotten a lot of talk around here that will be on my list: one female and one male.

The first is Sinead Burgess - Damaged Goods. I shared this song a page or so back, and I'd say it's one of the most emotionally gripping things I've heard this year.

The second is Adam Hood's Somewhere in Between, which is just really solid rootsy rock 'n' roll:

primavera likes this.
  3. Matt Chylak

Thanks brother. Got my listening for today!

By the way, have you heard of Scott Ruth? Noah Gundersen produced his new single and I really enjoyed it.

4. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I've been waiting for him to put out a damn full length for forever now. Heard this single the other day and while I love it, I was again disappointed to see his name pop up in my "new releases" and have it not be a full length.

Matt Chylak likes this.
  5. Matt Chylak

How's that EP from a few years back?

6. Dave Diddy

It's quite good actually and so is his other single "Are You There". "The Hardest Part" is one of my favorite songs from the last couple years

7. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

yeah that adam hood record rules

8. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I’m not familiar! I’ll check it out.

9. Muskheart Nov 15, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 15, 2018)
    Muskheart

Perhaps more of a folk/roots sound I guess, but all these artists have been true blue country at points in their career. So some favourite albums of mine:

Fraser A Gorman - Easy Dazy (track New England)

Jordie Lane - Glassellland (track Black Diamond)

Dan Parsons - Sunday Morning Cinema (track Whole Lot of Courage)

Matt Chylak likes this.
  10. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

if any of y’all are musically inclined, I’m working on what i think is a cool project for my 30th bday next summer. I’d like y’all to collaborate with me. This means vocals, guitars, drums etc. Whatever you play. If you’re interested, please DM me. Posting here bc some of the things i’m batting around for it are country/alt/southern rock leaning.

11. zmtr

Trusted

DM’ing you about this

primavera likes this.
  12. zmtr

Trusted

Aye this is fantastic y’all

13. Dave Diddy

Well anything strike your fancy?

14. jdr2187

jdr2187

15. jdr2187

jdr2187

Another new Hayes tune.

Kruz1023 likes this.
  16. zmtr

Trusted

Girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me the day before Thanksgiving and I just really needed a win. This just happened.

Holy shit.

Attached Files:

17. zmtr

Trusted

Can’t tag you for some reason but check the newest post in the thread

@@ron likes this.
  18. @@ron

Regular

They are the coolest. How was the show??
    Also, I’m really sorry about your girlfriend. Isn’t it amazing how music can always be there for us during those times? Even more than just listening but having experiences with the artists. Very cool

19. zmtr

Trusted

Was my 5th or 6th time seeing them and it was the best. This tour is special. I wanna say 20% of the set was just Zach telling stories and everybody dying in laughter.

They covered Brian McKnight and he mockingly stripped off his suit jacket and threw it into the crowd. They also played “Pink Rabbits” by The National which is one of my all time favorite songs.

@@ron likes this.
  20. drewinseries

Drew

Not at first glance : ( but I am digging Ryan Culwell's The Last American. I think for more country stuff the vocals have a big effect on what I will enjoy. I really enjoy Ruston Kelly, Noah Gunderson's voices for instance. But if it tends to tread the line to more country it doesn't seem to stick with me.

21. Dave Diddy

Hmmm yeah most of the guys in the americana realm have country leaning voices. Here's a few more to check out, most of these are not very "country". Scott Ruth (Noah produced his latest single), Jake McMullen, Sean McConnell, Zander Hawley, Kyle Morton.

drewinseries likes this.
  22. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I bought tickets to the Dierks/Jon Pardi tour for my fiancée (it’s her Christmas present)

drewinseries and dotKev like this.
  23. drewinseries

Drew

Super random, but I just got engaged recently myself. It feels weird saying fiancee now instead of girlfriend to people who don't know her by name but know I live with my girlfriend.

RJ Knorr likes this.
  24. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I have accidentally used the word girlfriend to her since we’ve been engaged and that did not to go over well. Now whenever I’m talking to people about her I find myself double checking first that I say fiancée

The Lucky Moose and drewinseries like this.
  25. drewinseries

Drew

Yeah I've had people correct me "isn't she your fiancee now?" Little under a year away for her to be my wife now.

RJ Knorr likes this.