Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Official Country Music Thread Genre • Page 59

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

It's just sort of the same formula on every song. At least, that's how it struck me. The album also ends with a cover of "When You Wish Upon a Star" which struck me as a little bit hokey.

My album of the year right now.

2. Craig Manning

Kruz1023, jdr2187 and Matt Metzler like this.
  3. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

King Leg, produced by (and perhaps subsequently, sounds like) Dwight Yoakam. The whole album draws from different aspects of americana, has elements of jangle-folk ala The Byrds and some Tom Petty in parts, this is one of the more outright country tracks. I'm digging it.

Kruz1023 and Deanna like this.
  4. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Dave Diddy and Craig Manning like this.
  5. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

Craig Manning likes this.
  6. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Yeah I like the Courtney Marie Andrews album a lot. I’d put it on the same level as her last one, they’re both fantastic.

7. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

so stoked for new colter wall.

8. Craig Manning

The Courtney album is good, but I feel like it's very poorly sequenced.

9. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

strong kacey musgraves vibes

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  10. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

11. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

Speaking of Kacey Musgraves, I'm not sure I'm feeling these new songs. They're...okay, I guess. But if this is indicative of the direction of the album in general, I'm gonna be bummed out.

12. jdr2187

jdr2187

Traveller (Robert Ellis, Jonny Fritz, Cory Chisel) releasing their album May 4th.

13. Muskheart

Wow, that album’s been out in Australia since Aug 2017??

14. jdr2187

jdr2187

I knew they had finished recording it a loooong time ago, but had no idea it had already been released.

15. jdr2187

jdr2187

I like this much better than that first tune he released.

16. Craig Manning

Yeah, this is a better taste, though I'm surprised they released the opener and closer. Especially since there's this awesome two-minute pop song on there called "Gotta Get to You" that's gotta be the most infectious thing he's ever written.

17. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

This is good for sure. But to be honest, I've come around a lot on the last single. I'd even say I love that song at this point ha.

18. jdr2187

jdr2187

New John Prine song featuring Jason Isbell and Amanda Shires.

zmtr likes this.
  19. Craig Manning

Main focus today is probably the Kacey album, but I'd recommend the Ashley McBryde album, too. Really great stuff.

The Lindi Ortega album is also worth a listen, though it's...a little weird.

20. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

@Craig Manning the new Ashley McBryde album today is realllll good. Solid songwriting.

21. Craig Manning

I love that she can switch back and forth between these really intimate ballads and big, barnstorming rock songs.

22. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I love Country Shit

23. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Agreed. LOVE the energy in "Radioland", especially after that gorgeous intro.

That said, "A Little Dive Bar in Dahlonega" is still the best song on here by a country mile tho haha.

24. shea

RIP Supporter

Seeing Tyler Childers tonight. Curious to know if he's touring with a band or not currently if anyone has happened to catch him on this run.

25. jdr2187

jdr2187

New American Aquarium album June 1st.