Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Official Country Music Thread Genre • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

2. I'll have to check that out! Any thoughts on Margo Price? Debut hits store Friday.

3. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Just listened to Logan Brill's album. Holy. Shit. What an amazing record. She's amazing.

Craig Manning and ChaseTx like this.
  4. Craig Manning

I mentioned her earlier in here, because her album is also streaming on NPR. I really enjoyed it on first listen, but a little less on subsequent play-throughs. It's not quite a "love" for me. Her voice isn't my favorite and there's some cynicism in the lyrics that I'm not necessarily a huge fan of, but it's a well-crafted album for the most part.

YAAASSS.

Any favorites?

5. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

@Craig Manning Obviously "I Wish You Loved Me" and also "World Still Round", "The Woman On Your Mind", and "Shuteye". I could really just say the whole thing though

6. Craig Manning

"The Woman on Your Mind" is probably my favorite, and "I Wish You Loved Me" and "World Still Round" probably round out my top three. But I also really love "Where Rainbows Never Die." It's stellar top to bottom though. Glad you enjoyed it. Now maybe we can get @cshadows2887 to finally listen!

Meerkat likes this.
  7. Craig Manning

Never mind, I'm back to loving this Margo Price record.

8. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

So it's definitely more of a pop country occurrence, but I just needed to express my love of the fact that country still embraces duets. Especially these two:

Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood - Remind Me
    Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson - Don't You Wanna Stay

Those songs are just beyond huge and really put the best light on the genre for me.

9. Gotta get in on this wonderful thread. My contribution, by way of an inaugural post:

ChaseTx and cshadows2887 like this.
  10. phaynes1

Regular

is alt-country allowed here? that's about the extent of my listening to in the genre.

11. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Any and all kinds are welcome.. Though if you post in here much it's a safe bet you'll be hounded to listen to more. Haha

phaynes1 likes this.
  12. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

Not a big pop country fan myself.

But I will add "Oh Tonight" - Josh Abbott and Kacey Musgraves to Garrett's list of recent duets. Don't know if that was a radio hit everywhere but in Texas it was.

14. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

We have a festival coming up in two weeks with such a great lineup. Turnpike Troubadors, Pat Green, Whiskey Myers, Statesboro Review, Cody Canada, Roger Creager, etc......

...and of course ZZ Top is headlining but nbd.

15. cshadows2887

Did I talk to you on ap when I heard What a Crying Shame and loved it? I meant to.

16. Yes you did, and I suggested you listen to Music for All Occasions, which is the record that the song I posted is on

17. cshadows2887

AP dying has me trying to write down as many recs that people gave me as I can find....and is making me realize I am a total deadbeat. Haha

18. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Love both of these as well. Have you listened to Carrie's duet with Steven Tyler? Obviously not totally country, but I still enjoyed it.

19. phaynes1

Regular

20. cshadows2887

Putting this record on now. You should make a thread or something.

21. phaynes1

Regular

Seriously more people need to talk about lucero. Feel like @OhTheWater was the only one I would talk about them with.

22. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Hell yeah baby

23. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm seeing Lucero in a couple weeks. And DBT and Old 97s and more

24. phaynes1

Regular

Been wanting to go to one of their summer fests they do every year for years but it's never worked out.

25. cshadows2887

Lucero is definitely worthy of a thread. Love them.