Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Official Country Music Thread Genre • Page 127

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I haven't had a chance to listen to this yet, but it seems like the type of course correction he would need to make if his music was ever going to be listenable again. I always enjoyed his music and thought he put out solid albums, but I wrote him off completely after hearing this though -->

"Cause I can't be your Tom Cruise, bitch
    I'm Patrick Swayze
    Every time I get a new bitch, I meet a new bitch
    I'm just sayin', I'm so Swayze (Swayze)
    'Bout to ghost on you (Patrick Swayze)
    Swayze, Swayze bitch"

I didn't think I would ever listen to him again. That is honestly so bad that it seems like an unfunny joke from some type of SNL-like skit that went wrong. The most charitable explanation I could come up with was a mid life crisis, but who knows. Anyway, I am looking forward to checking this out.

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I'm about halfway through and it's not bad so far; it's kind of lite bro/small-town bar country music.

Brother Beck likes this.
  3. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Zac Brown definitely lost me. I’m not really interested in listening to him anymore. I’m also just generally not feeling THAT type of country lately, but his last few albums have been so aggressively terrible that they kind of soured me on his entire catalog.

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

seeing the eagles tonight at the LA Forum playing hotel california in full and a greatest hits set. holy shit.

Brent and Ferrari333SP like this.
  5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

jesus christ, vince gill

Craig Manning likes this.
  6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

^^ pretty bland and generic

8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

9. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

neo506 likes this.
  11. Craig Manning

The Emily Scott Robinson album is just so gorgeous. Perfect fall record. I don't know if there's a song that hits me quite as hard as "The Dress" did, but as a full album, I think it's more confident, more varied, and ultimately a stronger set of songs than Traveling Mercies was.

12. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Hometown Hero definitely pulls at my heart strings but not sure anything can touch The Dress

13. jdr2187

jdr2187

I’ll pile on the love for new Emily Scott Robinson, what a writer and voice. Really surprised she’s not more popular.

No love for new Hayes Carl today though?? The new one is his best in a while in my opinion.

neo506 likes this.
  14. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Seeing Flatland Cavalry and Parker McCollum tonight.

If you haven't heard of Flatland Cavalry, you should rectify that. Best in the biz right now.

15. jdr2187

jdr2187

This one is out today and it’s really good.

Brother Beck and Dave Diddy like this.
  16. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I could only find 3 songs from this on Amazon Music but not the rest of the album, which is a huge bummer because the 3 songs are all absolutely incredible. It lists Amazon Music on his website but it doesn't work for me... I'm hoping it's just a glitchy thing and clears up soon.

jdr2187 likes this.
  17. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

New Houndmouth is great. Sounds even more like The Band than their previous albums.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  18. jdr2187

jdr2187

Went and saw Willie Watson the other night and that dude is just so talented and a killer performer. The OCMS guys came out and played a few songs with him too which was pretty cool I guess, though I’m not a huge fan.

I’ve also been revisiting Folk Songs Vol 1&2 lately and they are just so good, highly recommend checking them out to anybody that never has. The guy is just so good at taking those old folk/gospel songs and staying true to the original while making them all his own. I even love his version of Dancing On My Own, which the original is totally not my thing.

19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

20. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Morgan Wallen is trending on twitter tonight for "being snubbed" at the CMA's an the tweets are just.... fucking infurious and I just cannot.

Craig Manning likes this.
  21. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

god he sucks so much

22. Craig Manning

I very genuinely thought the CMAs would give him Album of the Year. Really lost a lot of faith in this genre over the past two years.

23. Dave Diddy

Think there will be some fans of this Margo Cilker album that just came out

Brother Beck likes this.
  24. jdr2187

jdr2187

Yeah I really enjoyed this album.

Brother Beck likes this.
  25. Dave Diddy

Were you already aware of this or did you check it out because of my post? Just curious

Brother Beck likes this.