Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Official Country Music Thread Genre • Page 118

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

The first three really capture that feel, IMO. Really enjoying this album.

Gianni28 likes this.
  2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Is everyone here listening to the entire 24-song, 3-album Heart & Soul, or just the first part...???

3. Craig Manning

Heart is the only part that is out.

Brother Beck likes this.
  4. Gianni

Trusted

Yeah just the first part so far. Though by my count, 5 of the remaining 15 tracks have been released as part of the rollout, so I'll probably jam those again too today since I'm impatient hahaha.

Brother Beck likes this.
  5. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I actually am loving Heart. He seems like the only star in country who's ever actually heard an 80s hit.

stars143, JBoch, Brother Beck and 2 others like this.
  6. Craig Manning

This song made me tear up a bit:

Gianni28 likes this.
  7. Gianni

Trusted

Kind of funny your timing on that post, Craig. I guess Brothers O have also heard some 80s hits. :-)

Another great song from them. I am committing to seeing them on tour later this year.

Craig Manning likes this.
  8. Craig Manning

Brothers Osborne have definitely heard '80s hits. "21 Summer" is a great example of that as well.

Their most recent album was tailor-made for live shows, so I'd love to catch that tour as well.

cshadows2887 and Gianni28 like this.
  9. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

sturgill covered one.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  10. phaynes12

it is weird seeing him without sunglasses and a hat so much lately

cshadows2887 likes this.
  11. cshadows2887

12. phaynes12

i mean, people wrote articles about PTA like that after maya rudolph shouted him out at SNL haha. there are clickbait articles like that for everyone. i think it’s pretty safe to assume sturgill is a *star* in music as a whole, though in terms of mainstream probably not since they try to pretend he doesn’t exist

13. cshadows2887

I think your average person watching the CMAs is considerably less likely to know Sturgill than Eric Church or Thomas Rhett or Keith Urban, etc. That's more the class of mainstream star I was talking about.

14. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I got a chance to listen to Heart a few times, and I really liked it a lot. Only didn't care for 1 song out of the 9, which I didn't think was bad at all. Plus I really like all of the songs released so far from & and Soul, with the exception of "Bad Mother Trucker". I haven't listened to that one yet.

15. phaynes12

right. that’s kinda what i meant though. that’s through a concerted effort by the country music establishment. i’d imagine more people who don’t listen to country know who sturgill is than thomas or brothers osborne.

16. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I hate the sequencing on that Eric Church record.

phaynes12 likes this.
  17. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

How would you change it? What was wrong with it in your opinion?

18. phaynes12

i agree. all the songs are good but the order is baffling

19. cshadows2887

Didn’t bother me. I’m definitely on the less picky end with sequencing though. I really appreciate it when it’s great but rarely am bothered otherwise

20. Matt Chylak

I don’t quite know. The second track has those Meat Loaf-esque start and stops that hits all wrong and jerks the momentum flat. I’ll probably wait until all three parts are out and make my own consolidated tracklist.

Brother Beck likes this.
  21. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

That's kinda why I was asking - I didn't necessarily have a problem with the sequencing here, but it definitely felt incomplete, and I was planning on doing the same thing when it's all out.

22. cshadows2887

YOU HAVEN’T EVEN HEARD THE OTHER ONES YET! GOOD LORD!

phaynes12 and Brother Beck like this.
  23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Great new Jo Smith single

24. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

A bunch of them are available already - I think 6 of the remaining songs have been released officially so far. That's a good chunk.

25. Matt Chylak

Well, to start I don’t want 27 tracks at once from this dude (or any artist).