Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Official Country Music Thread Genre • Page 109

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Craig Manning, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Me neither. Just wasn’t vibing with it at all. I think I’ll give it a try again once we’re firmly into fall. Her music doesn’t really work in warmer weather.

2. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Oh man I love it. Don't see how you could like her previous 2 and not this one. How You Get Hurt is stuck in my head all the time.

3. jdr2187

jdr2187

I think I already posted about Waylon Payne in here before, but I’m going to bring him up again now that the album is out. I really think others in here would enjoy his new one, it’s probably my second favorite country release of the year at this point.

Brother Beck likes this.
  4. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

This sounds really good - I'll pick it up tonight after work

jdr2187 likes this.
  5. jdr2187

jdr2187

DaydreamNation likes this.
  6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I really like this

ChrisCantWrite and Craig Manning like this.
  7. Craig Manning

I like the alternate version of this album considerably more than the original version. I think most of the songs are improved by the slightly less poppy arrangements and production.

Brent and Ferrari333SP like this.
  8. jdr2187

jdr2187

Surprise Tyler Childers album!

Craig Manning likes this.
  9. WHAAAAA

edit: it appears to be a bluegrassish album, all instrumental except for the final track

10. Craig Manning

Heard this was coming the other day; was hard to keep it to myself! Didn’t know it was mostly instrumental, though.

11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

hell yeah

12. Craig Manning

Man, I really wish Tyler had written some lyrics and recorded vocals for at least a few of these songs. The last track is so good and I want more of his voice.

13. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I haven't listened to the album but sharing Tyler's message that is a primer for the album. Excited to dive into this.

14. Matthewconte

Trusted Supporter

I know that it's for charity but the single is $25 and the whole LP is $20! What's up with that?

15. Damn good for Tyler for getting and staying sober. Can't imagine being a newly sober person during quarantine and it sounds like he took the plunge this March

I feel the same way but I also get him wanting to make music in the "old time" fiddle style, which is almost always instrumental. As much as he and some of the guys in his band are rooted in the mountain music scene it just feels natural for them

phaynes12 and JBoch like this.
  16. eagles1139

Regular

This was a really powerful and eloquent message by Tyler. Also good for him getting sober, dude looks great.

JBoch likes this.
  17. eagles1139

Regular

It's pretty cool to see how much Tyler's message has blown up on social media. Seen tweets from people of all walks of life who were deeply affected by what he said despite not knowing who he was.

phaynes12 likes this.
  18. phaynes12

very proud of dude

19. Some of us Kentuckians are better than others let's leave it at that

phaynes12 likes this.
  20. phaynes12

mitch mcconnell? folks? chris is better than him

21. I have passed the lowest of low bars and so has my man Tyler

phaynes12 likes this.
  22. jdr2187

jdr2187

“I wanted to reinstate the humanity of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Eric Garner and so many other brothers and sisters slain by police in the way I know how,” Burt says of the new acoustic track. “I wanted to immortalize their dignity and make the work easy for future historians and remind the present that no matter what side of the aisle you’re on, this is about actual pain and real human suffering caused by a system of governance that is morally bankrupt. This I felt was my duty as an American songwriter to do.”

23. jdr2187

jdr2187

The new Otis Gibbs album is so good. He’s been around for a while now but if you’ve never heard him I’d say RIYL Lucero, Drive-By Truckers, Chuck Ragan.

24. shea

RIP Supporter

25. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I also think it's wonderfully money-where-his-mouth-is to advocate for ways of preserving southern heritage that don't rely on the Confederacy...and then make an album of old-time living-room-fiddlin'.

DaydreamNation and JBoch like this.