Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Office (NBC) TV Show • Page 99

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

When Pam tells Jim that Dwight and Angela have been dating since before his barbecue, I thought that was weird.

2. Jenna and Angela have mentioned the weird fan reaction to Rashida prior on their podcast and I know Rashida was the guest on last week's podcast (haven't listened to it yet) but I wonder if they touch on any of that stuff

3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Some people just can’t separate fact from fiction

"People don't know how John and I are not a couple in real life," Fischer told host Brian Baumgartner, who played Kevin Malone on the series. "They don't understand it."

"I don't know how to explain it, because it's a little bit like telling kids there's no Santa," she added.

Fischer, 46, explained that she feels like she has to "justify" why she and Krasinski, 40, aren't "actually in love." (Krasinski has been married to actress Emily Blunt since 2010, and Fischer wed writer and director Lee Kirk the same year.)

"The bottom line is that we were playing characters, but I know that if people think of us as John and Jenna, then it's destroying some of the magic of Jim and Pam," Fischer said.

Jenna Fischer Says Fans of The Office 'Don't Understand' That She and John Krasinski Aren't a Couple

Drew Beringer likes this.
  4. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

chewbacca110 and bradsonemanband like this.
  5. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Holy shit are they similar

Although I read the tweet and then looked at the pic so I wonder if it’s a bit of one of those mental tricks lol

Brent and RyanPm40 like this.
  6. marsupial jones Aug 13, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 13, 2020)
    marsupial jones

As much as Nellie gets hated on, and I’ll be honest I’m not the biggest fan of hers but with each rewatch she grows on me. BUT! One thing I’ve loved from the start and love more each time, is her interactions with Dwight and how Dwight basically becomes Jim-like with her.

Example:
    when Jim and Dwight are helping her move and they find the box of pics of her ex-boyfriend and she says, “I see you’ve found Benjamin. That’s what I call my box of pictures for my ex-boyfriend Henry”. And Dwight goes, “why... wouldn’t you call it...?” It just kills me lol.

disambigujason likes this.
  7. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

damn didn't realize she was a hated character. i like her alot.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah that's news to me, I loved Erin

9. marsupial jones Aug 13, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 13, 2020)
    marsupial jones

re-read my post lol - Nellie, not Erin!

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. marsupial jones Aug 31, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 31, 2020)
    marsupial jones

Oh wow, Netflix cut the 2-second scene of Nate in blackface from “Dwight Christmas”.

11. Jake Gyllenhaal

[​IMG]

chewbacca110 likes this.
  12. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

The way Steve half smiles to get to the punchline is unreal. I bet they did 33 takes of that scene.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

my wife has seen a handful of one off episodes but i'm taking her through her proper walkthrough right now. just finished season 2 and the nights we've spent laughing out loud watching 4 or 5 episodes back to back are my favorite thing in life right now

14. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

yeah, I watched this episode last week and noticed that. but then later on, you can see Nate with the lips and the blackface make-up still in his beard.

15. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I’m watching it straight through for the first time. It’s great to see where all the memes come from. On the “prison mike” part now.

16. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

On a Benihana Christmas now...Michael listening to “Goodbye my Lover” by James blunt after the breakup is killing me. Crying.

chewbacca110 and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

omfg how have i never noticed that “Up Where We Belong” is playing at Staples when michael goes to get Dwight back. Amazing lmao

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  18. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Angela was brutal on final family feud.

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

20. delvec19

Trusted

And the fact that he was too cheap to pay for the song, so he's literally repeating the 30 second sample :crylaugh::crylaugh:

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I’m rewatching this for like the 49th time, and, on this go-through, one thing that stood out as weird to me was the seemingly completely unecessary 2-3 episode arc where michael is having the affair (or being used to cheat with) by Donna - i never really thought about it before but it’s so out of left field and would seem out of character for michael (in season 2 he reminds jan ‘nothing can happen’ on the business trip because he’s dating carol, and of course the famous “you cheated on me...when i specifically asked you not to” line, it wouldnt seem like michael would be ok with the situation.

Then, i started to think about just how frequently the show humorizes or glorifies cheating/homewrecking.

- of course there’s jim & pam, everyones rooting for jim the homewrecker in S1&2
    - dwight and angela openly carrying out an affair while shes with andy and then continuing it when she is later married to the senator
    - stanley has an affair, and it is joked about several times after the fact
    - the aforementioned michael/donna arc
    - multiple times ryan is seen hitting on erin when he is with kelly
    - Andy/Erin getting back together when he is still with his gf jessica
    - daryl trying to get with Val knowing she has a boyfriend, and even after her bf confronts him lol
    - the very brief kathy trying to homewreck jim in tallahassee
    - Erin and Pete while shes with Andy while he’s away

certainly not all these situations are the same and maybe my tired brain is over analyzing some of these but it just strikes me as so odd this time around how often they write in infidelity/borderline infidelity and we are alot of times meant to root for it, and how so many characters in this show are so shitty in relationships lol

22. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

They imply it with Phylis as well. When he talks about cheating and Michael says and Phylis cheated on..... her diet. After she gives him a look.

23. JM95

Trusted

It's almost like they were ridiculously over-reliant on love triangles...

Sean Murphy likes this.
  24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Don’t forget that through all of Michael’s romances and relationships, he still maintained a crush on Ryan