Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Office (NBC) TV Show • Page 97

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I feel like most shows would run into this issue after a certain number of seasons.

Factor in if new writers come on board you can’t expect them to have every previous scene memorized, or have the cast know either so unless someone remembers and calls it out during writing or table read or filming - and if anyone gives a shit - It’s easy to see how it happens, especially with a comedy.

I get that shows like GoT, Mad Men, BB, Lost, etc. try harder to get it right as it could impact the stories more.

2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Continuity stuff is interesting to find out but I noticed almost none of it while watching the show lol

3. This feels gross

RyanPm40 and Ken like this.
  4. Hopefully he's just thinking "Oh man, I didn't expect it to last this long or get this popular... I don't have the time to do this forever... But I want it to keep going so maybe I'll just sell it..." I reeeeeally hope that's how it played out in his mind, and not just "Oh wow $$$$ k thanks bye!"

RyanPm40 likes this.
  5. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

I didnt even realize it was a real thing? Like no more than just a cute little video once in a while and then once "normalcy" starts again it'd be done.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. JM95

Trusted

Me either, I only watched one that was linked in here.

Hilarious level of insincerity.

7. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

He previously balked at selling it so it feels like CBS just made him an offer he couldn't refuse. Disappointing. Especially because I'm not paying for CBS All Access.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

First time I've heard that take.

9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

The story behind that whole thing sounds insincere as fuck and it made me feel gross when Griffin Newman described it on his livestream tonight.

10. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

No way he could have expected that to become a thing that companies start bidding over.

Lol "insincere"

Fuck it get your money

RyanPm40 and Kyle Max like this.
  11. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I mean, tbh once quarantine is over it’s not like he would continue it anyway he’s a busy guy. Why not make a buck.

12. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

14. marsupial jones

*Quarantine Too Much Time Thoughts*

If I really wanted to know I’m sure someone figured it out and put it on Dunderpedia but what month is Jim and Pam’s wedding?

it seems like summer in the wedding episode and they go to Niagara Falls without parkas. But in “Mafia”, the next episode, Oscar says Toby “has been checked out since June”, and in the following episode when Jim and Pam return and Pam is on the phone outside yelling at her mom for dating Michael, Jim brings her her jacket and they seem shivery.

So.... big time jump after “Mafia”? Can’t recall if Michael says how long he’s been dating Pam’s mom but I assume if it was more than a few weeks she would have said something to Pam?

can never remember either if the show matches up season-wise with when it airs? I feel like we’ve talked about that topic before so maybe that tells us when the wedding is, but odd dialogue.

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

They usually had Christmas episodes around Christmas time, and Halloween, etc, so I'd guess the episodes air relatively close to when they're supposed to take place

16. marsupial jones

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  17. marsupial jones

Separately, I randomly thought today how it would have been interesting in season 3 if Pam and Roy got married (before season 3 started) and got divorced by the end of the season and then Jim and Pam get together at the end of season 4 instead of 3.

in the podcast for the season 2 finale / opening episode of season 3 there is no discussion of this being even a possibility so I wonder if it ever had traction at any time. Divorce is hard to make funny, but the show steers into not-always-comedy areas anyway so they could’ve made it work - as long as we still get Roy’s mugshot later on in the series!

not sure what made me think this today as I enjoyed a glass of OJ, but I know many feel the show “deflates” once Pam and Jim are together, so having them not start dating until the end of season 4 (gotta give Pam time after the divorce) would have been an interesting alternative universe.

Dirty Sanchez and RyanPm40 like this.
  18. marsupial jones

Triple post.

continuity error (sort of) time.

in season 2 Dwight uses the excuse of going to the dentist when he goes to talk to Jan.

in season 6 Dwight makes a joke to Pam’s friend about coming in for a teeth cleaning even though he’s an adult. She says “adults need to go to the dentist too” and Dwight laughs and says, “oh really?” Or something like that.

but, if he didn’t believe adults needed to or did go to the dentist, why would that be his excuse in season 2? Wouldn’t he pick something he thought adults actually did?

*not nitpicking, just having fun*

Mcrx likes this.
  19. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

I don't know why, but I love "Ultimatum" every time. It's such a dumb episode, but I really enjoy it. One of my favorites in season seven.

also, it's really weird that Jim isn't in it at all besides the cold open.

20. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’m pretty sure he was shooting a movie.

21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Probably Something Borrowed.

22. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

23. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

I forgot I ordered those funko keychains and the Meridith your boob is out months ago! The keychains arrived and are so cute, and perfect timing since finally have car keys to put them on. Meridith is out for delivery!
    I hope Alex Trebek doesnt mind if I put her next to him.

24. Watching season 9 and man Pam is the worst - I wonder what Jenna will say about that season on the podcast

FTank likes this.