Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Office (NBC) TV Show • Page 96

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Everyone does have something to say, but the vast majority of it is the writers and people at NBC. There are some interesting tidbits, especially a bit about a story Greg wanted to do about Dwight killing a horse; but I wouldn’t say it was worth a buy. I found a download of it on the interwebs.

tdlyon likes this.
  2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

3. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Watching “Diwali” and just caught the line, “oh so I want to date a doctor?” By Kelly to her parents. Lo and behold in the finale she is dating a doctor. Wonder if that was accidental or if the writers of the finale remember or were reminded of this and did it on purpose.

4. marsupial jones

“Dinner Party” is one of my favorite episodes and I feel like a very overlooked moment is Jim being ready to abandon Pam at the dinner party.

Like, goddamn, if she didn’t speak up he was full blown gonna leave her there to suffer lmao

5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I read this as garden party and was gonna say that’s my fav episode, but dinner party is up there too haha

6. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

did you all see the little zoom wedding and the aisle dance on john's sgn? so glad it hit the 3 best notes: oscar's dancing, kevin's tissue box shoes, and dwight's kick.

7. JM95

Trusted

Yeah that was actually pretty cool.

Renee likes this.
  8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah SGN is so great. Love watching this every week. And love John Krasinski.

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Pretty great to see everyone together but that's still one of my least favorite scenes in the show lol

10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, that scene is awful

11. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

There's so much about the entire wedding episode I can't stand.

RyanPm40 and bradsonemanband like this.
  12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

His voice sounds so weird to me now. Like did he hit puberty after the Office?

13. marsupial jones

Fun fact: in “The Deposition” when they’re reading Jan’s review of Michael and they say, “I am out of carrots, I am out of sticks” I never understand what the fuck that meant. I had never heard that expression in anyway at any point in my life and after watching that episode the other day I have now heard some variation of it probably 5 times over the last week lol

it made me wonder how many other references / phrases in the show I don’t get. I can’t think of any offhand but I know there are a few. The dancing scene at Jim and Pam’s wedding is one. If i recall, that was from a YouTube video that was popular or something?

14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes, someone did that dance thing in real life and it was a huge YouTube hit at the time.

Also, the “carrot/stick” thing reminds me of this song:

:)

marsupial jones likes this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

so that's what he eats when it isn't Pretzel Day

Mcrx and coleslawed like this.
  16. JM95

Trusted

Stanley probably could do with a change of heart.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. marsupial jones

In season 5 and in the episode where the office is trying to decide what to do with the surplus it really stood out to me how different Pam acts in this episode. I can’t quite place it but she seems more “out there” personality wise than usual. More chipper or something.

and then in “Lecture Circuit” when she does the Forrest Gump thing that seems really unorthodox for her. I mean, people complained when she did the “what up 2-2-2!” With her hands in the talking head that that was out of character, but that was just her and the camera man. The Forrest Gump thing I imagine Michael talked her into but I’m still surprised her character would do that lol

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. marsupial jones

My biggest “issue” with Lecture Circuit is Holly leaving her computer up and running and it not being locked or requiring a password to see the main screen after Michael bumps her mouse.

obviously not an actual issue and they had to do this for TV purposes but I just love pointing it out since my computer auto locks and requires a password after like 15 fucking seconds of inactivity (thanks super paranoid company)

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  19. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

don’t think Dunder Miflin was super vigilant about IT security.

maldoror and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  20. maldoror

#1 Mudsdale fan

Try "bigboobz", with a Z.

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

"the point is, that kept us safe."

coleslawed, FTank and marsupial jones like this.
  22. marsupial jones

I’ve probably babbled about this before, but in the next episode, the Valentine’s Day one, Dwight asks Michael why he keeps looking at the door, is someone after him? And Oscar says, “why do you always ask that? No ones ever been after anyone” when literally less than two years earlier Roy attacked Jim in the office lol

I feel like that would be pretty memorable? But maybe not.

23. marsupial jones

I was about to say “how dare you disrespect Hank like that” and then I caught the IT before security lol

Sean Murphy likes this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i'd say episode to episode continuity is one of this shows worst and most glaring flaws but, it never really takes away from any of the story so i try not to let i bother me haha

continuity things like this are discussed a lot in the podcast because i guess a lot of fans like to point out mistakes lol