Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Office (NBC) TV Show • Page 94

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. JM95

Trusted

I noticed quite a bit of "[Insert name here] kept cracking up during this scene..."

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, i've had the same issues with the podcast myself. I love them both together but, the podcast hasnt interested me much.

3. Renee Mar 29, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 29, 2020)
    Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

Same. I do like when they have guests, probably because it's a little break from the usual. It usually takes me a week to get through an episode. I'm more interested in the idea of them doing a Jenna watches GOT podcast. Maybe my ears are too sensitive but whenever the ladies get excited and their voices go up, it just kills my ears.

Over the past few weeks I've been watching the episodes that some beautiful soul edited together with the deleted scenes.

4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Maybe the fact that I listen on 1.5 speed and that the episodes are fairly short for what I usually listen to, but I think it’s fine.

5. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Very wholesome and a mini reunion between John and Steve!

coleslawed, Joe and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  6. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Why does his voice sound so weird to me?

7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

He has way more of a nasally Boston accent than I expected.

9. Nyquist Mar 31, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2020)
    Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Wow. Some more previously unreleased information. Jim and Pam were originally intended to get divorced in the final season and reunite in the finale. After fans balked at the episode where Brian the sound guy defends Pam from the warehouse worker who vandalizes her mural, Greg backed away from the idea and two subsequent episodes then had to be “heavily edited” to remove any indication of cheating on Pam’s end.

The Office Wanted to Break Up Jim and Pam’s Marriage for One Last Twist

It does line up well with things Daniels was saying before the final season aired. He kept repeating that they were going to “blow things up” and at one point he said he wanted to explore the idea of what it would be like if Jim and Pam hadn’t worked out. At the time that particular quote seemed to be directed at using other characters to explore that idea (Andy and Erin as receptionist and salesman) but now it makes a little more sense.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. Lucas27

Trusted

Man, that would’ve been bad. I’m all for realism. But realistically, given Pam and Jim’s dynamic throughout the show, there’s no reason to believe their relationship should have dissolved at any point. What they went with in season 9 with the heightened tension between the two felt real and painful while never destroying the integrity of their relationship. That’s actually the one plot thread that keeps Season 9 from being the worst Office season for me. I loved how they handled it. The alternative would have been a last minute hack job to two terrific characters and one of the greatest romances on TV. It would have made the entire show feel so cynical and cold.

11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

First half of season 9 was already constantly depressing enough, imagine going all in on that bullshit idea lol

Nyquist likes this.
  12. Philll

Trusted

Yeah that would be How I Met Your Mother levels of bad.

RyanPm40 and Nyquist like this.
  13. JM95

Trusted

It doesn't surprise me actually. The Jim/Pam stuff felt very crowbarred in. Some tension, which would then seem to be resolved by the end of the episode, then reintroduced a couple of episodes later. It was drip fed in a really unsatisfying way. That Daniels heavily edited those storylines actually makes sense in hindsight.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

As glad as I am that they ultimately didn’t follow through on a divorce, man am I curious about all of that deleted footage.

15. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Brian has to be one of the top ten worst things to happen in a TV show lol

16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The show had its chance to cause a disruption between Jim and Pam with Harry from "Mad Men" at art school and got cold feet. That last-minute hail mary for drama was too little, too late.

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The whole Brian idea was bad but displaying how a loving marriage can fall apart or have legit fights, etc... was done very well. Their phone call argument is super realistic.

18. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Took me forever to realize the actor who played Brian is the “This Guy fucks!” guy from Silicon Valley

19. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

it will be very interesting to hear Jenna's thoughts on that when the podcast gets there. she's talked about how the cast has been surprised by things and learned things about characters during the roundtable reads. i kind of hope she shares the initial reactions of some of them when they read some of those scripts abut cheating lol

bradsonemanband and Nyquist like this.
  20. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Really? I don't hear any accent at all :-O

Sounds like anyone who lives in NH and I've been told by multiple people that they don't hear an accent from me

21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I think the nasally part is more apparent, but I can hear him stifling the Boston accent.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I cant stand the episodes with Will Ferrel but the cold open with he and Michael in the hotel bar is great

Lucas27 and bradsonemanband like this.
  23. Lucas27

Trusted

Exactly. The Brian subplot is stupid, but the overall tension and their reconciliation were handled so well.

Nyquist and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  24. Complete series is $30 on iTunes today

bradsonemanband and Sean Murphy like this.
  25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Might just have to pull the trigger on that even if it is still on netflix