Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Office (NBC) TV Show • Page 93

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I have a feeling some this is recorded well in advance

oncenowagain likes this.
  2. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

that would be my thought as well, but i feel like they were / are doing this close to real time but idk if their schedules really allow that

oncenowagain likes this.
  3. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

I think they said something about it being January

oncenowagain likes this.
  4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Yea I feel like something they said recently was dated and showed that they are ahead of their release schedule

oncenowagain likes this.
  5. marsupial jones

lmao guess i should shut the fuck up and listen to the full podcast first - they just said this was recorded during Oscars week! jesus, that feels like it was 8 years ago goddamn! had any of us even heard of coronavirus back then??? *stares longingly into oblivion*

oncenowagain likes this.
  6. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I can’t remember the context but there was a mention of Mindy presenting at the Oscars

oncenowagain likes this.
  7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I haven't listened to the podcast yet but Jenna mentioned on her Insta that they record about 6 weeks in advance the other day

oncenowagain likes this.
  8. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

9. oncenowagain

10. Renee

dry clean only Prestigious

OHMYGODTHANKYOU. This is what plays in my mind when I hear trump giving any speech.

11. Mcrx

Regular

This was a good show! Many great moments, but this one I came across again today as a budding Evan Peters enthusiast and remember how excited i was to see Quicksilver in The Office (i started watching the show only a few years ago when they were playing nightly reruns here) and this scene, omg, the interplay between them all, omg! This just had me rotflmao hehe

oncenowagain and bradsonemanband like this.
  12. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

Holy shit lol

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

The Pilot premiered 15 years ago today

Mcrx, oncenowagain, Renee and 2 others like this.
  14. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I remember that day. It was a Tuesday night. I was like “hmm I’ll check this out.”

oncenowagain and Sean Murphy like this.
  15. marsupial jones

March 24, 2005 was a Thursday ;-) the show didn't air on Tuesdays until the middle of season 2 (per the podcast - i think "Booze Cruise" was the first Tuesday episode they said)

and i googled what else happened that day and was told of this tragedy: 14 Workers Die at Texas Oil Refinery Fire

oncenowagain and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Their officially youtube is airing "best of" whatever that means.

oncenowagain and bradsonemanband like this.
  17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, it’s been a while. Guess I don’t remember it that plainly ;-p.

oncenowagain likes this.
  18. oncenowagain

Fake ass fan

Pseudo! and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  19. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

JM95 likes this.
  20. JM95

Trusted

21. I always assumed it was because he wanted to do more movies and not so much the show anymore. But yeah, interesting article.

JM95 likes this.
  22. Philll

Trusted

Huh, I wonder how long the show would have survived had he been able to stay on. Hard to imagine a bigger act of incompetence by the network.

I started the Office Ladies podcast yesterday while doing some diy. Really liked it, Angela and Jenna are charming and I'm enjoying all the trivia.

23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I think it gets better as well. A lot of repeating towards the beginning.

Philll likes this.
  24. JM95

Trusted

I confess, I decided to check the podcast out today (just put the episode for The Secret on) and really didn't like it. Found it broadly dull, if not actively annoying.

25. bones

#HEEL

I’m pretty much out on it at this point which is a bummer. It’s just super repetitive and their rapport is lovely but even the “behind the scenes stuff” they’re spilling has mostly been out there a while and every other question is just “was ___ scripted or improvised?”

I’m sure I’ll check in for favorite episodes but it hasn’t hooked me like I’d hoped.