Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Office (NBC) TV Show • Page 89

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Wait, people hate Pam? Wtf?

coleslawed, jorbjorb and CarpetElf like this.
  2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Pam does get kind of annoying towards the end but so does almost every other character

3. jorbjorb likes this.
  4. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I just hate when they have Pam make up the office manager position. Bizarre

jorbjorb likes this.
  5. Pam is perfection for at least the first 3/4 of the series.

coleslawed and jorbjorb like this.
  6. RyanPm40

I love Pam through the whole show. I wish Jim was less of an ass in the last season though

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

this was the timehop bit today hahah

615DE2DE-090B-47B1-B730-134CC586446B.jpeg

8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

11. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

coleslawed and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  12. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I do not remember this at all lol.

JM95 likes this.
  13. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

this last episode was interesting to hear Jenna talk about things she disliked having Pam do / say. i wonder how many more times that came up over the 9 seasons.

i was always kind of thrown off by her ordering a celebrity sex tape in the season 4 opener. like, i could kind of see Pam doing that, but also it seems very much something she would be against. at the very least her ordering it / downloading it to her work computer seems very unusual for her character.

a nice person and RyanPm40 like this.
  14. drewinseries

Drew

Pam is awful from Michael Scott Paper Company onwards tbh.

15. RyanPm40

The one where Pam finds out Michael is sleeping with her mom is always going to be one of the funniest, favorite episodes for me, but Jenna Fischer's acting wasnt great when she's yelling and freaking out about it. Doesn't bother me at all though

chewbacca110 likes this.
  16. JM95

Trusted

That episode really jars for me. Her acting of those scenes is pretty bad and completely at odds with Pam in the first three seasons but to be honest the whole show felt different by then. The more understated mockumentary vibe was probably lost by that stage.

I admit I'm much more down on the show these days. I still think Seasons 2-3 are fantastic but I think Seasons 4-5, while containing some excellent episodes and moments, are noticeably a level down and you can see the tone turning to more straight sitcom, with the characters becoming more one-dimensional. Certainly less likeable. I really don't have much desire to rewatch anything from Season 6 onwards.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Jenna is not a very good actress tbh. She played the shy receptionist well in the early seasons. When they gave her more confidence, it wasn’t great.

LightWithoutHeat and RyanPm40 like this.
  18. JM95

Trusted

Broadly agree with this. I find Pam pretty smug the longer the show goes on. Jim too, although that maybe was more a change in circumstances than change in character.

LightWithoutHeat and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. marsupial jones

i will be very interested to hear Jenna and Angela talk about the wildly drastic different ways Andy is written throughout the series. they've touched on Mindy changing Kelly, but that was Kelly's call as she was a writer and EP. Ed Helms was not - at least not until maybe S8 or S9. i know some behind the scenes folks have talked about his character arcs and whatnot, but from another actor's perspective i wonder if they'll touch on that at all.

or on Kevin's IQ drop to 12 at times in the series, or if they'll leave it alone to not piss anyone off.

Jdaniels and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. RyanPm40

My God, I always fucking lose it when Erin talks about killing someone for the insurance money and Michael is just like "... I don't know WHAT the fuck that was..." and just carries on lmao

21. marsupial jones

I don’t remember them all off hand but the few times characters swear / get beeped on the show are always hysterical to me. The other one that immediately comes to mind is when Angela is following Dwight and the girl that was Pam’s maid of honor and after she walks away he jumps when he sees Angela standing there lol

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  22. RyanPm40

Lmao one of my favorites is when Jim doesn't believe that Michael slept with Pam's mom and asks him to describe the color and model of her car

"Green Toyota Camry"
    *Jim's entire face sinks*
    "Fuuuck"

23. marsupial jones

Yeah the “Halloween” episode podcast is the best one yet.

bradsonemanband likes this.