Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Office (NBC) TV Show • Page 87

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. JM95

Trusted

S9 descends into genuinely shit television. One of the worst final seasons of a previously good show there's ever been.

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yup, for years I thought 8 was the worst season but when I rewatched early this this year for the first time in a long time I enjoyed 8 a LOT more than 9. 9 ends fantastically and has a few great episodes scattered throughout but there is a ton of shit episodes in that season, whereas 8's lowpoints are basically just on the same level as the worst Carrell-era episodes

3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Yeah the first time I watched the whole show my binge slowed to the slowest of crawls for season 9. Really forced my way through it to get to the good ending

4. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Who were the five "series regulars" they talked about? Was Ryan considered a series regular at the beginning?

Michael
    Dwight
    Jim
    Pam
    ..?

5. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

That sounds right. Weren’t they the main 5 featured in the credits?

6. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

A lot of great gems learned in this week’s episode. This is so great already but gonna be even better for some of the absolute best episodes.

I wonder how much Jenna will talk about, but not reveal what was said, in Michael’s goodbye to her at the airport. I also wonder how many takes it took. Would be cool if it was just one take because idk what he would say each time that would be meaningful and that would be kind of awkward to do again and again and again lol

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Listening to this podcast is a joy. There’s so much cynicism and negativity everywhere, even in comedic form, and it can be a slog. This is busting with positivity and it’s fun!

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

She is a goddess

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  9. JM95

Trusted

You think she's cute now, you should have seen her a couple of years ago.

10. marsupial jones

Great quote drop lol

11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Imgur Image

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

First two episodes of the podcast were decent, I'll keep listening.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

This is so much better than Somehow I Manage, especially since the new cohost could not be more dull.

14. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'll still listen in hopes they flesh it out. But they've said the same thing in all three episodes now. Like about the pilot and then being off for 6 months, recording out of order, etc. AND WHY SO MANY ADS!?

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  15. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Yeah the Ads have been brutal

16. bones

#HEEL

Yeah the show has potential and I’m sure they’ll find their flow. Some of the stuff has been legitimately interesting/surprising like the stuff about Creed in the last ep but there’s a lot of fluff too.

17. I don't mind the ads and whatnot at all. It's just nice background noise while I'm working.

18. marsupial jones

i feel like the podcast will pickup and be much more interesting once we get to season 2 and especially season 3 with all the new characters.

i'm also very interested if anything gets mentioned about season 4 regarding the writer's strike and their thoughts / stances on it.

19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m enjoying it a lot. I’m not expecting any huge revelatory moments or anything, just a fun 40 minutes or so every week.

20. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Hmm I haven't really noticed the ads as being any worse/more frequent than other podcasts. I definitely noticed they've repeated a few things but hearing some of the inside tidbits has been fun.

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I haven't listened yet but I'm sure there will also be more fun stories and stuff later on when the cast actually becomes closer.

22. JM95

Trusted

Are they covering every episode? Sounds like overkill to me.

23. Yes, they are.

JM95 likes this.