Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Office (NBC) TV Show • Page 79

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Nellie also became a much better, relatable and sympathetic character in season 9.

disambigujason likes this.
  2. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

Ken, Chickenmcbringinits and RyanPm40 like this.
  4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Will Ferrel’s time was brief, that meme would be better suited for Mark Brendanawicz on Parks & Rec

coleslawed and slimfenix182 like this.
  5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Man when Ryan comes back to the office after he's arrested, he and Michael just have the worst goatees, they look fake lol

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

You lose Michael leaving if you cut out all of those episodes.

7. slimfenix182

Since people like to point out things that make no sense, I'd like to contribute one haha. In season 5 after David calls Michael to NY to tell him how his branch is doing so well and he basically says nothing but nonsense, why on earth would David send Michael to all the other branches to lecture them lol

8. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

There are a lot of things that make me wonder how / why David gets to where he does lol.

I’d assume that he let Michael do the lecture circuit to make him feel important and special but didn’t take into consideration the damage he would (likely) cause on his journey lol

RyanPm40 and slimfenix182 like this.
  9. Dinosaurs Dish Apr 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 11, 2019)
    Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It's also a good example of people high up in corporations can make just as stupid decisions as anyone else. Everybody is winging it every day, haha

There's lots of stuff I thought was unrealistic or just absurd while watching this show, but the more and more I work in typical corporate office places, the more I realize that it's really not that far off. I've had duel managers, I've seen a Pam-like secretary jump multiple pay levels into a position she wasn't ready for (this was me, haha), I've been around when employees were busted for sexual affairs in an office and it causing all sorts of shit, etc...

coleslawed, RyanPm40 and slimfenix182 like this.
  10. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

He probably started to accept that the company was going down the shitter and just didn't care at that point lmao only plausible explanation I can think of

11. Jake Gyllenhaal

12. I'm so stoked to see Angela, Kevin, and Oscar tomorrow at the SLC version of Comic Con (Fan X)

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  13. UPDATE: I met Angela today and high fived Oscar. Eeee!

Brent, Ken, FTank and 6 others like this.
  14. Dog with a Blog

This is so pure. Really brings me back. Feelin all nostalgic and stuff :(

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

NBC is looking to pull the show from Netflix for their own streaming service in 2021.

16. Dog with a Blog

Huh. I don’t know anything but I feel like The Office has had so much life post-finale because of Netflix. So many more people have Netflix than they will an NBC streaming service and, as much as people love The Office, and don’t see people getting a streaming service solely for it, right?

I hate the direction streaming services are going.

Brent, FTank, bradsonemanband and 3 others like this.
  17. slimfenix182

There's only so many 8-10 bucks a month streaming services I'm gonna get

18. marsupial jones

over time people realized that paying $100-$150 for cable in which they didn't watch 95% of channels available was dumb and thus, streaming services were born for super cheap and people loved it.

and in time, there will be a streaming service for almost all individual channels / companies.

and in more time, people will realize that they're paying $100-$150 for 8-10 subscription services in which they only use like 10% of what's available and want things to change and someone will go "what if they just put all these services together in one?" and we'll all think, "whoooaaaaa what a great idea!" lol

Kerrbs, Ken, Dog with a Blog and 3 others like this.
  19. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

The revolutionary “streaming bundle” will soon be upon us, with a 2-year contract.

Brent, coleslawed, Ken and 2 others like this.
  20. marsupial jones

while Game of Thrones is on i added the HBO Subscription from Amazon Prime for $15 a month and it really bugs me that i'm paying $15 a month on top of paying $15 for Netflix and all i can think is, "holy shit, this really is how people are gonna end up paying just as much or than they did for cable".

- Netflix
    - Hulu
    - HBO / Starz / Showtime (Amazon channel add-ons)
    - Disney
    - NBC / Fox / ABC

blah!

Ken and Dog with a Blog like this.
  21. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Solder that cord back together.

23. Jake Gyllenhaal

I still got the good seasons on DVD as a backup

24. I share my Prime/HBO subscription while I use my friend's Netflix and my other friend's Hulu. The best way to get everything is to share in a group.

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Alot of these I wouldn't have guessed right