Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Office (NBC) TV Show • Page 77

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

I love that Creed is just casually wearing Dunder Mifflin stuff haha

2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I’m willing to bet 90% of his wardrobe is Office swag he got for free from NBC

Ken likes this.
  3. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

it wasn't free, he definitely stole it.

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s super fun how much he loves the show. When I saw him live a couple years ago he was peppering in super inside jokes throughout his whole set that showed just how deep his knowledge is. I was the only one laughing at a few of them and he commented on enjoying that, lol.

5. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

There’s so many one-liners to yell at Creed, he’s such a good sport because that would get really old for me personally.

6. bones

#HEEL

in honor of pi day - one of my favorite late-season moments and honestly one of the funniest Jim reactions of the whole series

[​IMG]

7. marsupial jones

Oh man, I just remembered the joke about Mose and the scarecrow and that’s why he turns and looks at it during Kevin’s wedding speech.

coleslawed and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  8. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Just finished the series again. Not sure why, but the finale hit me way harder this time around.

9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Same when I watched it earlier this year

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i consider an attack against Nate to be a personal attack

coleslawed likes this.
  11. marsupial jones

One of my favorite line / moments for me in the show is Robert California saying, “I’m never uncomfortable” and I’m always trying to use that line at work and today with our weirdo HR person I was able to say it!

Best part is that she always makes YOU uncomfortable because she’s a robot in human skin and doesn’t know how normal people say things and act so most are nervous around her and today she was babbling about something and then said in her condescending tone, “this must be making you uncomfortable, yeah?” And I stared her down and said, “I’m never uncomfortable” and she looked so flustered it was awesome

12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

This premiered 14 years ago today.

Brent likes this.
  13. marsupial jones

That’s weird. Feels older than that since it ended six years ago.

I still remember working in electronics in high school and having a friend tell me about this and Scrubs. I was very happy they did otherwise I would have likely found The Office much later than I did (if ever).

14. marsupial jones Mar 27, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 27, 2019)
    marsupial jones

Super random thought:

We never see Andy’s apartment in the series do we? We also never saw where Pam lived before she moved in with Jim (aside from her NYC dorm).

Yet we see:

- Ryan’s NYC apartment
    - Darrell’s house (outside)
    - Erin’s apartment
    - David Wallace’s house
    - Oscar’s apartment
    - Kevin’s house (with his smelly dog)
    - Meredith’s house (mostly outside)
    - Brian the fucking camera guy’s apartment
    - Nellie’s apartment
    - Clark’s apartment
    - Holly’s apartment
    - State Senator’s / Angela’s house
    - Stanley’s house (outside)
    - Gabe’s apartment
    - Robert California’s Scranton house and Florida condo
    - Roy’s house (outside)

Kind of wild we never once saw Andy’s apartment (inside or out) since he was on the show for six seasons and was one of the main characters almost the whole time yet we’ve seen so many others.

15. Jake Gyllenhaal

Andy never had a home of his own. He always slept at work. He has an air mattress which he introduced when he and Jim were in Stamford and got drunk while working after hours.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. marsupial jones

“A roomy twin” lmao.

Then why did he have a maid (who died)???? ;-p

17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That maid scene is hysterical.

18. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

definitely weird that we never see his place and something I've never considered.

also, unrelated, but I'm watching season nine again. and knowing that The Farm got cancelled, that episode that I'm guessing was supposed to be the pilot (?) is so crazy out-of-place.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of that test pilot faking as an episode either.

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I have no independent recollection of that episode. I must have blocked so much of 9 out.

Backdoor pilots are one of my favorite awful things though. They’re always so offputting and detailing that I can’t believe when they try them.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol, yeah: "Hey Dwight! Us here in The Office have known you for 10-15 years but who are all these new and interesting people in your life that you've never mentioned but seem to possibly becoming one of the most important part of your future? Can we all spend the day together to learn about them???"

chewbacca110 likes this.
  22. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Wait, what? They were making a spin off show? I don't remember that all.

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s even funnier that they tried it in the modern era as if people still watch TV like they used to. It was such a common thing in the 80s but you just can’t pull that off now.

24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It's called a 'backdoor pilot' and the wiki has more detail if you want it, but it's when a show has an episode to test the waters if the characters and story and whatever could be enticing enough to order a season of a spin-off:

The Farm (The Office) - Wikipedia

25. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

I understand why they didn't pick it up, but I feel like I would have a better response to it if it had a six episode season or something attached. we never see the brother or sister again (not even at Dwight's wedding!!!) and it just feels so weird to me. at least the Esther plot line continues into the next two episodes.

my girlfriend last night mentioned that he couldn't inherit the farm because then he wouldn't be able to be manager. which I didn't even think about. if The Farm spin-off happens, then we would get a completely different series ending, right? I'm guessing we would at least.