Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Office (NBC) TV Show • Page 73

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I just googled “the office goofs” to see what else people have come up with and i just found one that i cannot believe i never picked up on.

“The conference room has a table that is too big to easily move through a doorway, yet it comes and goes throughout the series, and is never seen when it's not in the conference room.”

Its literally NEVER there when they have a conference room meeting but it is there when there are small meetings. Sometimes in the SAME episode lol

chewbacca110 likes this.
  2. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

Woah I never would have even thought about that until now haha

3. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I feel like theoretically the legs would fold and you’d maaaaaaybe be able to get it out of the room moving it at an angle, but yeah, where would they then put it? It would just be against a wall blocking something lol

coleslawed likes this.
  4. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

This was pointed out to me earlier this year. Then I read on reddit that there are episodes where you can see it folded up in a corner somewhere (forget where) and that there is an episode where Jo tells someone to move the table out of the conference room. But yes it seems stupid and highly impractical lol.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  5. marsupial jones

Further table discussion:

In “Employee Transfer” (season 5) when Dwight and Andy are doing the Cornell interview there is a table turned sideways in the room. That’s not the usual table because that table is longer than the room is sideways. So now there is another table added to the madness lol.

My thought, as mentioned by others, is that the table folds up, but I don’t recall ever seeing lines in the table that would show it can be folded.

6. marsupial jones

Underrated gem of a joke:

In “Surplus” Michael asks Oscar to explain the budget / surplus as if he was 8 and then if he was 5 and both times Oscar doesn’t pause or miss a beat in beginning to explain it to Michael as such.

coleslawed and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

So in my current rewatch I had ended season 7 months ago but in the last couple days felt compelled to power on. Season 8 is regarded as the worst and about halfway through and while the episode plot lines have been forgettable, I’ve had a lot of laugh out loud moments.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  8. trevorshmevor Dec 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 28, 2018)
    Oh yeah, you just know he’s probably gone through that with Kevin like 100 times already :crylaugh:

coleslawed and marsupial jones like this.
  9. marsupial jones

you know, i didn't even really think of that! i just instantly assumed that Oscar thinks so little of him that it wasn't a surprise to have to talk to him like a child. but him having to work next to Kevin also makes total sense for his ability to do that so quickly lol

(which makes me think of when Michael leaves and he gives Oscar the monkey puppet thing and Steve is laughing so hard during the talking head, which seems like genuine laughter about how Oscar thinks so little of him that the spent a lot of time creating the puppet thing :rotfl:)

trevorshmevor likes this.
  10. marsupial jones

i enjoy season 8, it does have a lot of great character and laugh out loud moments, but whatever the storylines are (aside from Robert California being the new boss / CEO) i have absolutely no idea.

i have the same issue a bit with season 6. i have no idea - storyline wise - what really happens in that season. but it's still funny and has great moments.

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The funniest bit of S8 that I can remember off the top of my head is when Gabe reveals his middle name is Susan for the first time and then like seconds later he calls himself GSL

Felt like an improv by Zach Woods

12. marsupial jones

You know, I feel like one could make the case that the show, or at least the character of Angela, jumps the shark when Oscar and Kevin see her cleaning the cat with her tongue on the nanny cam.

I never thought that, but as I watch this episode (“Lecture Circuit Part 2”) that moment stands out as one of the more physically ridiculous moments of the show to this point lol

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

coleslawed and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  14. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

this is a late response, but this has always bothered me!

15. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Man, that Michael proposing to Holly episode just tugs at my heart strings. (Just did a final Michael episodes rewatch recently)

chewbacca110 likes this.
  16. marsupial jones

I love how Pam, throughout the series starting in season 4 (I think) knows what Michael is doing or will do when he does certain actions. My favorite is this episode where he says he’s writing a message in fire, she asks good/bad, he says good and she knows it’s a proposal message lol

17. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I finished my first run through of this show yesterday. How weird is it to say seasons 8 and 9/post-Sabre stuff was my favorite?

18. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Opinions are opinions....butttt pretty weird.

disambigujason and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. Why do you think those seasons were your favorites?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Honestly for the first several seasons I found the show pretty boring and Michael insufferable. It grew on me and I liked it but I thought once mike left and the Sabre storyline ended (the worst part of the show) the other characters became a lot more enjoyable/lively and drove the show really well. Loved seeing more of Erin and Andy, I liked Pete and Clark, Kevin spoke a lot more. Idk I just thought it was written way better.

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m a hardcore Robert California fan so I understand hot takes, but that is on another level. Andy specifically became such a caricature of himself and so unbelievably insufferable.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  22. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Yea I guess I should clarify on Andy, my opinions on him oscillated wildly over those couple seasons, but given how famous his character is he wasn’t as big a character on the show as I expected until the end.
    As for Robert, I didn’t like his character but whenever he was on screen I couldn’t not focus on his voice/mouth haha

23. marsupial jones

very weird (not that it matters what any of us think). i have never heard this thought / opinion before, so it's kind of cool to see.

24. marsupial jones

there are times where i'm guessing i'm either not in the right mood for it or i've just watched the show too much in a short time span where Michael really bugs me / pisses me off to the point that it almost puts me in a rage lol. it only happens maybe 1% of the time, but like when he'd rather lose Jim and throws him under the bus to Wallace because he doesn't want him taking any of his responsibilities, or wanting Dwight to take the fall for the Willy Wonka debacle it just drives me mad.

normally it is funny and how Steve acts / says dialogue makes it fantastic, but every once and in a great, great while it misses the mark with me (but on the next viewing it'll be fine, it's weird) and just pisses me off more than makes me laugh.

25. Interesting! Yeah Michael is definitely a wild card of a main character, I can see how if that wasn’t really your thing that it’d be annoying to watch the consistently ridiculous plots surrounding him that drive most of the episodes. It’s a hot take for sure and I don’t personally agree, but as an Office fan that doesn’t hate seasons 8 and 9, I like seeing people acknowledge the positives of them!

disambigujason likes this.