Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Office (NBC) TV Show • Page 71

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

i only watched the pilot episode and didn't enjoy it so i never continued on. then once the final season / finale hit and all hell broke loose, i knew i'd never go back and watch it. big fan of Jason and the girl who plays his wife (?) who's name i can't remember, but it just never interested me much and the pilot didn't do anything to make me think i would care. and judging how much everyone hates the final season / finale, i'm glad i did't have to go through that :crylaugh:

2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Jason Segel on HIMYM is one of the most depressing wastes of talent in television history

3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

God. That HIMYM finale destroyed that show.

joe.boy.fresh. and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I wasn’t that invested in HIMYM compared to other shows at the time but I was live posting along with others in the ap.net thread the night of the finale and it was fascinating seeing die hard fans have their spirits crushed

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Hated the HIMYM ending but still regularly rewatch episodes and still very much enjoy them.

6. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

It just rings so flat to me now. I haven’t tried for awhile to watch them, but the first couple years I would see some on tv and try to watch and inevitably change the channel.

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I can see why it would sour the whole show for people. I thought it would for me but I still find it funny.

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

“The poor man’s Michael Scott

as he is known around my condo.”

9. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

The last season of HIMYM was remarkably mishandled but I largely liked the finale. Seems like everyone is either upset that the mom had died (which is irrelevant) or that he went with robin (which I also didn’t like, but it was literally the last minute of the episode I think; the previous 19-whatever minutes were entertaining.)

10. mad

I was right. Prestigious

himym does not hold up at all for me

Barney is a rapist and Ted is such a “nice guy” it’s gross

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i guess i havent seen this episode in a while, i just watched this scene and i am crying lol

12. Jake Gyllenhaal

1CB1E1B5-A4A2-4076-9D87-8493E63C709A.jpeg

So today’s my birthday and was surprised to see this over my desk!

13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  14. marsupial jones Dec 1, 2018
    (Last edited: Dec 1, 2018)
    marsupial jones

I love revisiting older comedies. Watching Bridesmaids and in the last five minutes I have seen Erin, Hank and David Wallace. Awesome.

edit: and Steve's actual wife is on the opposing tennis team (and she was also in the show)

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Having a crisis hearing Bridesmaids called an older comedy, but yes it’s amazing. The cast was so good. I actually rewatched it just last week.

trevorshmevor, RyanPm40 and FTank like this.
  16. Jake Gyllenhaal

The forgettable Robin Williams movie License to Wed was directed by Ken Kwapis (who directed a bunch of early Office episodes) not only stars Big Tuna but features Kevin, Angela, and Kelly

marsupial jones likes this.
  17. marsupial jones

Yeah “older” is a bad term but I didn’t know what else to call it lol. Seven years isn’t old but it also isn’t current so I was left in a jam.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Can't believe I didn't know or remember that this was from the show

chewbacca110 and manoverboard365 like this.
  19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Stanley's face!

21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Classic Stanley

[​IMG]

22. marsupial jones

In season 2 Pam mentions having a sister... do we ever meet this sister or hear about her again? I don’t recall any mention of her during her parents issues, P&J’s wedding or when their kids are born.

Although she may mention something about her mom and sister watching the kids while Jim is in Philly...?

CarpetElf likes this.
  23. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

Pretty sure the blonde bridesmaid at her wedding was her sister. If i remember correctly

CarpetElf likes this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Pam's sister is the girl who think's Oscar and Kevin are dating.

Edit: it's Anna Camp who plays her

25. marsupial jones

ah yes, that's right. kind of surprised they didn't write siblings into the show more.

we only meet Pam's sister once, and the same with Jim's brothers (maybe twice for them, engagement dinner thing and the wedding). interesting.