Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Office (NBC) TV Show • Page 65

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I never really got this joke until my last rewatch. And it’s a great joke because these are $20 Kohl’s dress shirts lol

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. marsupial jones

Lmao $1,000 bucks for a chair you will force yourself to believe Jim sat in even though it’s probably a $50 chair from any store that sells office chairs

5. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I mean, can a big show owned by a company like NBC legally do that?

Larry David likes this.
  6. marsupial jones

Auction stuff off? Not sure. Is it actually the show / company that’s running it? If yes, that would seem a bit off but no one is forcing people to buy it so I’m not sure the ramifications

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I don't doubt the legitimacy of these. And there's got to be more than one, I doubt everyone's desk chair went 9 years without being replaced at some point

Larry David, FTank and Brent like this.
  8. slimfenix182

Michael's desk and beer girl sign are over 3k right now lol

RyanPm40 likes this.
  9. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah idk if it's an NBC thing but I've definitely seen Community and Parks and Rec auction stuff off on the same site

10. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Not even kidding, I'm willing to pay some money for something from this auction. And I might.

11. i want Michael's desk... or the pop art picture of Jan haha

coleslawed, RyanPm40 and Larry David like this.
  12. manoverboard365

Trusted

They did one of these for Community about a year ago. I bid on a few things but ended up losing them all.
    The big draws for me were these bundles of clothes worn by Joel McHale......his character had great taste and it was all designer clothes so I thought I could get nice pairs of Diesel jeans for cheap lol.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. zmtr

Trusted

S9 definitely has its low points but it might contain my favorite Christmas special in the series.

Dwight being genuinely sad that Jim is leaving early for Philly really gets to me every time. I love their relationship in the last two seasons.

14. zmtr

Trusted

Maybe I’m just being overly sentimental because I’m sad IRL but S9 is full of great little moments

15. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

S9 was well done in my opinion. They did the best they could to make it feel like an early season and it was as good a send off as it could have been given the fact that Michael wasn’t around anymore. They even toned Nelly down enough to be tolerable in that season. The only thing I wasn’t huge on was the characters acknowledging the documentary and the doc crew becoming characters but that had to be done to make the finale work so perfectly.

RyanPm40 and zmtr like this.
  16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Almost finished. Season 9 is good. Liking it more than 7 and 8.

zmtr likes this.
  17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Also, outside of Nelly taking Andy's job, I dont get the hate at all. Give me those few episodes over Andy being in the show at all.

Supernova likes this.
  18. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I love season 9, but still hate the one quick little exchange with the camera crew during Jim’s talking head:

Jim: “Not enough? I’m gonna need your guys’ help with this one.”

Camera Crew (off screen): “Okay, Jim. You got it.”

I always shake my head every time I get to that part. Like just cut away after Jim’s line, please. We get the idea. It’s so awkward.

19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Literally JUST saw that haha

Nyquist likes this.
  20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Well that was a great finish.

21. slimfenix182

When you consider how tough it is to properly finish off a long running show, it's hard to ask for much better in my opinion

22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yeah in terms of shows that made it to that length, that probably takes the cake.

My biggest complaint throughout the series was not really caring for the characters outside of two or three, so to bring that all around and make me care for every single one of them in the course of half a season, but especially the final two episodes, is massively impressive to me.

RyanPm40 and Nyquist like this.
  23. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i got like 4 episodes left on s9. i like it a lot more than s8. just dont understand why they made andy into a massively unlikable prick

mattfreaksmeout and RyanPm40 like this.
  24. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

also, dont know how it finishes yet but the boom guy/jan plotline fuckin sucks. the whole time they were introducing it i was just like please please please no

coleslawed and RyanPm40 like this.
  25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

It’s just weird that if they wanted to introduce a conflict with the Jim Pam relationship they waited until the last season

coleslawed, Jdaniels and RyanPm40 like this.