Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Office (NBC) TV Show • Page 60

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Angela even replied to that woman’s post!!!! Haha that’s great

2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

One of my favorite Angela moments is when she swats at a fly in the conference room during a talking head. She's so accusatory and mad about it. Kills me every time.

chewbacca110 and skogsraet like this.
  3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Angela seems so delightful in real life

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Fun fact Angela and Jenna are BFFs and Jenna is her daughter’ godmother.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Re-watching Weight Loss and Holly’s name plate is Hollis “Holly” Flax... I never heard of Hollis as a girl’s name.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. marsupial jones

maybe they address it later in season 8, but why does Gabe come back? In Jo's last appearance she mentions that Gabe is going to go back to Tallahassee because of his issues with Erin and Andy, yet in the season 8 premiere he's back in the office:eyebrow:

7. marsupial jones

also, i've decided i'm going to start talking and acting like Robert California while at work. not to weirdo naked sex dungeons at home levels, but to some Californian levels.

8. Yeah, they wind up explaining it later on. I remember being super confused about that too haha. He winds up going between Scranton and Tallahassee on certain days of the week

coleslawed and oncenowagain like this.
  9. marsupial jones

character growth moment (or inaccuracy due to writers not caring / paying as much attention as people such as myself):

in season 5 (or 6) when Dwight and Jim are planning Kelly's birthday party Jim calls Dwight and when he asks who it is, Jim says "Mose" and Dwight responds, "Mose doesn't know how to use the phone!"

but at the end of season 7 when Dwight becomes Acting Manager, he calls Mose from Michael's office (and Mose answers).

big time character growth.

skogsraet likes this.
  10. marsupial jones

ah yes, that sounds familiar. someone makes a comment about Gabe working in Tallahassee on Wednesdays and they're like, "why not Monday or Friday instead so you can stay for the weekend?" and he looks defeated or something lol

trevorshmevor likes this.
  11. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Gabe: Corporate says to me, “Gabe, we need you in Scranton.” Scranton says, “Gabe, go back down to Florida. You're needed there.” So, Tuesdays and Thursdays, I'm up there. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, I'm down here. I can think of no better way to confront my deathly fear of flying.

12. marsupial jones

they make him fly every day :crylaugh:

13. oncenowagain

I’m certain it’s because they hope he quits.

14. marsupial jones

oh definitely! to me it shows that no one likes him (at the office or in Tallahassee) and also shows Gabe's weakness for trying to be liked and just accepting the schedule they give him. for as bony as he is, he sure lacks a spine! ;-)(zing)

coleslawed and oncenowagain like this.
  15. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Lolololol Michael sleeping with Pam's mom

jorbjorb likes this.
  16. JM95

Trusted

"You know what? I'm going to start dating her even harder."

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Pam asking 'Who is it?' over and over, going from excited and curious to filled with dread and Michael giving that fucking goofy smile slaughters me.

18. Jake Gyllenhaal

Or Michael finding out her Helene's actual age when out to lunch with Jim and Pam

19. Still so strange to me that they actively chose to not explain how Phillip is actually Dwight’s baby. The reasoning makes so much sense and could’ve been explained with a 5-6 second flashback while Angela and Dwight are talking on the side of the road

20. marsupial jones

and originally getting her age wrong when he tries to do the math :crylaugh:

coleslawed likes this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

22. oncenowagain

Then going to the park to meet her and tell her about his suspected herpes, but thinking she was some much older lady that also happened to be there.

23. marsupial jones

Watching season 8 and there are so many ways they have Andy act and sound like Michael. Very little of what Andy does would not be done by Michael if he was still around. Never really picked up on that before.

Not everything is identical - Michael would never allow himself to be tattooed. If Michael was good at anything it was on odd sense of self preservation (except when left to his own devices - George Foreman grill, GPS), but if you read the dialogue or listen and take out Andy’s way of saying things, it’s almost like Michael never left (from that standpoint)

24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Watching Frame Toby and the set up for the B story with Pam disgusted with the condition of the microwave, she takes a small pack from the fridge and pours it into a small container (white/yellowish liquid) to heat up but I can’t tell what it is. Googling it and seeing Reddit threads, some pointed out egg whites, but the amount of liquid seems pretty small for a snack or lunch. It’s weird.

25. marsupial jones

When Andy tells the office that Dwight is staying in Florida as VP of sales he says it as if Dwight is dead.

Michael already fucking did this!!!!! The same set up happened when he told the office about Meredith being hit by a car (and maybe one other time that sees hazy).

I can’t stop seeing the majority of Andy manager stories as things that they wrote as if Michael was still there lol. Maybe that’s why Andy’s arc as manager never quite works. It’s just Ed Helms essentially trying to act like Michael most of the time.