Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Office (NBC) TV Show • Page 48

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

My dad showed me this Instagram account that posts bloopers

2. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I've watched most of the blooper reels on Youtube; they are the best.

3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That's probably my favorite blooper of the whole series. Definitely going to follow this account immediately.

Signifire likes this.
  4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I love how I can scan the thumbnails on that Instagram and immediately know which blooper it is without watching them.

5. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Haha yeah, my dad got me to follow the account a while back but he was telling me about this blooper the other day and just hearing him describe it had me cracking up.

6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Another favorite is when Gabe improvs that he's been taking karate classes online and Jim and Dwight just lose their shit immediately. I drop that line every now and then on friends.

7. quietwords

That one is great. I love the one where Jim is describing how the (non existent) bed bug smuggly walked away after biting him to Dwight. Neither one can keep a straight face, it kills me.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  8. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

The Dinner Party bloopers made me laugh before, but after reading that article about the making of the episode they’re even funnier to me now. John Krasinski trying so hard not to laugh when Michael “pulls” the TV out from the wall is just too good.

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've never thought about this before but this could have been great. He would have been like the complete opposite of Michael, making the rest of the employees the more "crazy" ones. Would have been a great reversal

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  10. zmtr

Trusted

I've watched all the bloopers more times than I count. They're a go-to when I'm feeling bummed.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Mose fucking kills me :crylaugh:. Kills me every time he valet's Toby's car in the corn field lol

bradsonemanband and coleslawed like this.
  12. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Randomly ended up doing a rewatch of the series. Early part of season 5 so far.

One thing that I think goes under appreciated is how well the writers / actors make us bounce back and forth between hating / liking Andy in seasons 3-5 (and the entire Andy / Dwight dynamic). When he joins Scranton he is unbearable and awful (supposed to be) and we find ourselves siding with Dwight. Later, the roles are reversed as we feel sympathetic to Andy while Angela cheats on him with Dwight and Andy gets toned down.

Another thing that stands out so far is that I believe “Crime Aid” has the worst cold open. Again, up until this point in the series. Maybe because I just watched it but Michael calling Pam at work and saying “Pamela” really long is just never funny. Very weird cold open.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I liked Andy from the beginning except his anger outbursts that they abandoned early on. Once he took over as manager he became unlikable. I blame poor writing.

14. I’m currently rewatching as well, my girlfriend’s idea since she’s only seen one-off episodes rerunning on TV. Andy is a lot less likeable than I remember him being very early on, but yeah I think he gets a little better before he completely loses it when he takes the management position.

We’re coming up on the end of season 7 right now and I have her the headend up that shit’s about to get reeeeal weird hah.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I never really liked Andy. He has his moments, but just always felt like a background character, which made it that much weirder when they made him manager.

16. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I still love Season 8. And I like Andy as manager initially. Cannot stand S9 Andy.

17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, S8 Andy is mostly fine, S3 and S9 Andy suck

18. JM95

Trusted

S3 Andy is the funniest Andy. He got less and less funny as the show went on. S9 seemed like an attempt to get back to that, albeit a poor one.

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Isn't that a reference to the Ricola commercials? Unless I'm thinking of the wrong cold open. Doesn't really make it a lot funnier but it's not completely random lol

20. quietwords

S9 Andy is definitely the worst and I hated it. Poor poor character choices for him all around. Ugh. Made me so sad.

21. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

im on s6 for my first go around and really wishing i didn't come in here lol

22. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Dammit man! Stay strong, stay fresh, stay unspoiled.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea Andy in S9 is my biggest disappointment in the entire series. They just completely ran his character into the ground

24. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

thought of this last night:

in s4 "Fun Run" one of the quick jokes is that they're donating money for, what Dwight believes to be, bat birth control.

i feel like this joke would have worked better on Michael. i think Dwight is quite knowledgeable on animals so i find it weird they'd write him to fall for this joke.

RyanPm40 and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  25. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

A local Chicago barcade is going to turn into the Dunder Mifflin Scranton branch as a pop-up. They'll have themed drinks, trivia, and giveaways. Your boy will be there.