Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Office (NBC) TV Show • Page 41

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. My girlfriend and I have this almost constantly playing in our apartment, haha.

Chummel likes this.
  2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

3. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Jesus that's good.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  4. JM95

Trusted

Dwight negotiating a 60/40 split with Phyllis on what turns out to be a completely fictional sale (when he abandons her in 'Weight Loss') is one of the most subtle and underrated Dwight moments. A lovely detail I only noticed on rewatch a while ago.

5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't remember that scene at all. Link?

6. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

I don’t have a clip of the exchange but this is the script for those scenes.

Dwight:
    Attention! Attention! We only have a few weeks left. [looking at Phyllis] And most of you are just as fat as the day we began.
    Jim: How much weight have you lost, Dwight?
    Dwight: I am hardly the problem, Jim.
    Jim: No, you're definitely the problem.
    Dwight: This is what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna randomly select three names and these three people will get liposuction. Uhhhhh Stanley, Phyllis, Kevin. And you will be responsible for your own medical bills.

(One scene later)

Dwight:
    Hello Phyllis. Do you have a minute? Listen. I'm really sorry... about what I said before. Ok? I was way out of line.
    Phyllis: Yes you were.
    Dwight: But you know what, I want to make it up to you. There is a sure fire sale, but it's a two man job. Interested?
    Phyllis: Split the commission?
    Dwight: [sighs] Sixty - forty. Hm? [they shake hands] I'll drive.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay, I remember that now. I'll have to watch that later on to see it, I'm sure it's funnier that way.

One of my favorite low-key Dwight jokes is in a later season when Kathy Bates, whatever her characters' name is, is talking to him about investing his money and says something about how his money needs to be making its' own money or something and Dwight gets all suspicious looking and quietly says, "...Are you referring to alchemy?"

8. @@ron

Regular

Just got tickets to see Doppelgangers in Chicago starring Rainn Wilson. Should be fun!

chewbacca110 likes this.
  9. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I re-watched season 4 to see if I still didn't like it as much as the first time. My instincts were right. HOWEVER I had an epiphany about it all. In order to truly wrap up the show in three seasons and leave on a high note much like the UK version, the writers could have worked the Holly storyline into season 3. Lean in a little more on Toby's weird infatuation with Pam, or better yet come up with a new reason for him to leave. Have Jan go crazy like she does, thus destroying Michael's elation at having Toby gone, but then either at the end of The Job, or in a post-office special introduce Holly. Subtly show that she's as much of a goofball as Michael, have Michael crack a smile and voila. End the show forever right there. I wonder if it's possible to do a fan edit of that.

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've been rewatching this with my family, and it's the first time I've seen it in at least three years probably. We just got to S4 and wow I didn't realize how immediate the drop in quality is from 3, though it's still good. The humor is instantly different from the first three seasons, and the characters pretty quickly change into their later versions around here

11. alaskancurry

I'll agree season 4 is noticeably different but am I the only one who likes it?

RyanPm40 and Fucking Dustin like this.
  12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Like I said I still like it a lot, there's quite a few classic episodes in there and every episode has laughs. I never fully dislike the show, it just goes down in quality. I'm also not a fan of so many episodes in the fourth season being double length

6, 8 and 9 are all worse than 4 imo

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  13. alaskancurry

Definitely agreed

tdlyon likes this.
  14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I don't like it all equally, but I like everything up until the episode where michael leaves then I come back in season 9.

Fun Run, Local Ad, Dinner Party, & Did I Stutter are standouts from ssn 4.

Dinner Party is a top 5 maybe top 3 overall episode of the show and Fun Run is hilarious from start to finish.

I think Season 4 gets a bad rap.

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

oh Chair Model is also hilarious. When Michael and Dwight sing American Pie at the cemetery I laugh every damn time.

Brent likes this.
  16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

wait I'm now looking over season 4 episodes, The Deposition is great also. Season 4 is great y'all are whack.

Owlex, PatRFinley, Pseudo! and 3 others like this.
  17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I'm embarrassed to say I never watched this before now and I'm loving it

18. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Lucky

Brent and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. RyanPm40

Haha yeah, I think I watched one episode when I was a kid and the dry humor went right over my head. Such a hilarious fucking show

SEANoftheDEAD and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  20. RyanPm40

So I don't understand why The Dinner Party is regarded as the "best" episode of The Office. It's a good episode and all, but there have definitely been funnier ones. It felt a bit average to me?

But, then again, I'm someone who feels uncomfortable when watching uncomfortable situations on TV heh.

Massive plot hole with Jan: her not wanting kids but Michael wanting them. The entire reason she got divorced was because she wanted kids and her ex husband didn't haha.

21. *with Michael

22. RyanPm40

23. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Yeah, she didnt want them with Michael. In season 9, Jan ended up having kids.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  24. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

She was pregnant in the season 4 finale if I recall correctly.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  25. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Sounds about right...her daughter (if i remember correctly) was a little older in season 9...like 2-3.