Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Office (NBC) TV Show • Page 40

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. EarthShifts

Trusted

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  2. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The guy that played Brian seemed like a curse to every show - the worst character in “The Office,” new “Arrested Development” and “Community.”

Then he got to be the “This guy fucks” character on “Silicon Valley” and redeemed himself.

Dirty Sanchez and chewbacca110 like this.
  3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I rewatched this recently.

Well, up to mid season 4 where I stopped caring. 1-3 are all that matters.

4. JM95

Trusted

There's still some great stuff in S4 and 5 though, despite some inconsistency.

5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Comedy Central had a marathon yesterday and I caught this Creed classic from Season 5

Zilla, Joel and Owlex like this.
  6. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

I think this show got some underserved flack in the later seasons, especially here/on AP. it was at least good until Steve Carell left, season 8 has stretches that are hard to get through at times but is still watchable, and season 9 was a major improvement over season 8 with the finale being perfect television.

Joel, SEANoftheDEAD and jorbjorb like this.
  7. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

wrong

slimfenix182 and Ken like this.
  8. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

I still haven’t even finished season 8 or 9 from this. I do think the show was quite good after season three for the most part, but it was just a chore to watch the show mid-season 8 and I just feel off with it. I’m sure I’ll finish it some day.

9. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

theres still some great eps sprinkled in season 8/9. the payoff is great.

Owlex likes this.
  10. JM95 Apr 2, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 2, 2018)
    JM95

Trusted

You may as well watch it for the finale. You have to get through some shit - there are some truly dreadful episodes in Season 9 - but the finale's really good

Owlex likes this.
  11. Greg

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

13. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

and there are people that haven't seen that episode that refuse to watch past S3 lol

coleslawed, FTank and slimfenix182 like this.
  14. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

That episode illustrates why I generally avoid the show after season 3. Michael and Jan are so over the top it's like I'm watching a different show. They (and other characters) became caricatures of themselves. You could start to see it happening in The Job, and then they doubled down for The Dinner Party.

The episode is really funny, but lacks the charm and humanity found in episodes like Business School or The Dundies, which I think strike the right balance of Michael's ineptitude and lack of tact with his fondness and appreciation for his coworkers. He's a good guy with good intentions, he just can't ever read the room. Watching him gush over a 15-inch plasma TV and demonstrate how he sleeps at the foot of Jan's bed is just too much.

15. Greg

I doubt it. I am sure plenty rewatch that way. But until you actually watch s4 and 5, why would you stop there?

16. dlemert

Trusted

Yeah Dinner Party is fine but far from the best episode of this show. My pick would be something like The Injury from season 2 instead.

17. Jake Gyllenhaal

I enjoy having breakfast in bed. I like waking up to the smell of bacon, sue me. And since I don't have a butler, I have to do it myself. So, most nights before I go to bed, I will lay six strips of bacon out on my George Foreman Grill. Then I go to sleep. When I wake up, I plug in the grill, I go back to sleep again. Then I wake up to the smell of crackling bacon. It is delicious, it's good for me. It's the perfect way to start the day. Today I got up, I stepped onto the grill and it clamped down on my foot... that's it. I don't see what's so hard to believe about that.

18. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

^^ One of my all-time fav Michael monologues.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  19. Jake Gyllenhaal

I once posted that as a facebook status update and most people didn't get the reference and thought that actually happened to me, haha

SEANoftheDEAD and chewbacca110 like this.
  20. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

This is exactly how I feel about Season 4-9, but Dinner Party is one of the few episodes where committing to going over the top flat-out works for me. Whether that speaks more to how funny it is or that most of the non-Michael characters remain more or less in line with their season 3 selves I'm not sure, but I do think it's on the shortlist of s4-9 eps that can hang with 1-3. It's definitely not the best episode of the show, but it's pretty much equal with anything outside the top 10 for me.

21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah I'm pretty sure that purely based on laughs per minute, The Injury is the funniest episode of the show

22. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

A157DB7B-9960-4A89-A372-5ED42949557D.jpeg

23. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Vietnam sounds

24. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

The Injury is probably the best single episode to show to a non-fan as an example of The Office. Dinner Party is fantastic comedy in a stand-alone kind of way.

25. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

This is me and my girlfriends favorite show to binge watch on Netflix.

Ken and bradsonemanband like this.