Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Office (NBC) TV Show • Page 39

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I agree with a lot of what you said in regards to "The Office" with Lieberstein. It took a darker, meaner turn under his tenure.

I think the big problem I had with the Jim and Pam last season shake-up was it was too little, too late. They tried to introduce some drama in their relationship with Pam went to art school, but backed off out of fear of upsetting the "shippers." Then did it again with Jim. Going to the well a third time, especially in its last season, felt like too much for me.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Goddamnit Nellie is the worst tv character ever. Idk how they didn't scrap her while filming

3. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

4. Feel this way about almost every "new" character in the later seasons.

Greg likes this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I think this show always did really really well with characters who were introduced to only appear in a few episodes. Idris Elba as Charles Minor is maybe my favorite guest the show has done. Josh Groban was also hilarious as Andy's brother. "Bye Pam! Bye Tuna!"

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  6. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Man, I loved Robert California until they overstayed his welcome and then turned him all weird with his divorce. I'll echo above, Nellie is awful, more so when they brought her up to Scranton. Those two dorks they added in Season 9 were not great either haha

7. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

In my current runthrough and it always stops being a binge for me when it gets to season 9 especially, it takes me forever to finish cause I can't stand Nellie, Plop or the Brian stuff.

Got to season 9 and was like "well this is a good time to get to the new Jessica Jones" haha

8. I'm impressed you got that far. ;-p

slimfenix182 and bradsonemanband like this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I have no trouble at all getting through all the Michael Scott episodes, but once he leaves it's so hard to stick around, i usually just end up watching the select episodes in 7 8 & 9 that I enjoy, which is few.

Jdaniels and Ken like this.
  10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I liked Clark and RC, Pete was whatever, Nellie was never good. Brian was such a stupid character.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  11. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Season 9 has plenty of issues but Clark and Pete definitely aren't among them imo. I won't pretend they were season 1-3 classic Office level characters, but they did feel mostly like real people - like all the characters did in the show's prime. The writers didn't pull that off a single other time after season 3 with the exception of Charles.

Seasons 4-7 coast on how incredible Steve Carrell is and 8 is pretty much unwatchable. 9, while containing some absolutely horrible episodes, recalls a little bit of what made the show great in the first place.

12. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

RC is one of my favorite Office characters. He was a great alternative to Michael being gone.

13. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

14. oncenowagain

Also, Nate is the best underused character of the later Office seasons.

zmtr, BKO5950505, coleslawed and 2 others like this.
  15. shea

RIP Supporter

I had a legitimate “GPS directing me into a lake” situation this weekend trying to find my friend’s wedding venue in rural Georgia. It told me to turn right on to a small dirt road and the enormous house I was looking for would be there.

It was a boat ramp to Lake Oconee.

While I did not drive into said lake, I did go a bit further down the road than I would care to admit..lol.

oncenowagain and Ken like this.
  16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

oh man i LOVE Nate hahah

oncenowagain likes this.
  17. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

gum's gotten mintier lately. have you noticed?

coleslawed and oncenowagain like this.
  18. oncenowagain

Do we get our resumes back, or do you keep them? Because I only have that one and I have a chili recipe on the back that I really wanna keep.

SEANoftheDEAD and coleslawed like this.
  19. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

Also FYI, I don't technically have a hearing problem but...

his lines were golden and I look at him as a Creed-esque character where they didn't use him too much, but when they did, it was perfect.

20. EarthShifts

Trusted

Nate and Gabe were highlights towards the end for me.

21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Never got the hate for Gabe, I always thought he was funny

I love Zach Woods though

Joel and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  22. Dog with a Blog

I stopped watching before Nellie was a character. I’ve heard nothing but bad things about her though and I’m semi-curious to see what all the fuss is about

23. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Years ago I cringed at seasons 8 and 9. I just recently went back and binged through them and actually enjoyed it. There were definitely some terrible episodes in the mix, but there were also quite a few amazing ones.

24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I've only done one real re-watch of all nine seasons (since then I stop once Michael leaves) and 8 is a real struggle to get through. At least with 9, they rebound since they're establishing an end game. As it was airing, I remember thinking it seems a little too late to introduce a storyline of Jim and Pam having marriage problems.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  25. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I thought the same thing about the season 9 Jim and Pam storyline. That definitely wasnt needed.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.