Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Office (NBC) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. JM95

Trusted

Meh, I don't think they did that storyline very well. The idea itself was good - they were much less sympathetic characters after they got together simply because there was very rarely anything at stake, so that sort of idea was long overdue. They just executed it badly by drip-feeding it in a really weird way. Adding the Brian guy into the mix was just nonsense.

2. fronkensteen

Trusted

I guess I don't understand this line of thinking. It's not unexpected for them to be friendly with the camera crew after 9 years, and I don't understand your "drip-feeding" comment.

Not a big deal or anything. I think they did a good job of it.

3. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I forgot how much I hated the almost affair with a guy from the crew. I hate how sitcoms show relationship problems as only being infidelity.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. JM95

Trusted

It's nothing to do with them being friendly with the guy - it's just that they clearly introduced him as a lazy potential love triangle, which had already been done multiple times in the show. My comment about drip-feeding it was that they didn't really go the whole hog; they didn't pull them apart well enough to make the pay-off of them resolving their issues work on any kind of scale. I mean, if they wanted to make them less idealised, they should have had the marriage counselling go on for a while; that would have been more realistic and would have portrayed a better message as far as I'm concerned. But no, they just wrapped that up within one episode because obviously one hug resolves it all.

5. fronkensteen

Trusted

I haven't watched it in a while, so I could be remembering it all incorrectly, but it wasn't just that hug moment, right? It was after marriage counseling, openly talking about the issues separately, that DVD he made with the card he left in the teapot, etc...

6. JM95

Trusted

The DVD bit came a couple of episodes after the marriage counselling, which is actually the sort of problem I had with the way they executed it - the build-up throughout the season wasn't very good because they kept having these little 'victories where they looked like they'd maybe resolved it a bit and then they'd show that they hadn't again and the whole thing was just really unsatisfying. The 'will they, won't they' storyline in the first three seasons was done impeccably well because they built it up so well and the pay-off was so sweet. The storyline in the last season was just dull IMO. A good idea badly done.

7. fronkensteen

Trusted

Hmm, okay, we can agree to disagree then. I thought the way they handled it was realistic and well done.

8. Today is National Pretzel Day

teebs41 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, I like pretzel day.

JM95 likes this.
  10. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

My wife and I are in the middle of our 3rd rewatch. It's easy to throw on during dinner.

FTank likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

12. BKO5950505

Regular

Same.

Regarding the Season 8 vs. Season 9 discussion...As an admitted fanboy of the show, it pains me to say it but Season 9 is pretty weak. A few highlights for me are: Dwight teaching Erin Dothraki, Dwight and the radio show bit in "The Boat", the finale in general and all of Trevor's lines in "The Target."

Best show.

13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I agree that S9 overall is kinda weak, up until the last bit -- "Stairmageddon" on is really great. So is pretty hit or miss, love the Tallahassee episodes but then there are stinkers like "Gettysburg". I still really enjoy watching all of it though, even the episodes that comparatively aren't very good.

14. BKO5950505

Regular

"Stairmageddon" and "Gettysburg" are literally my bottom 2 episodes, haha...But yeah as I said, I am a fanboy and enjoy it all.

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Off the top of my head, the handful I'd pick as worst are Garden Party, Gettysburg, Chair Model, maybe Spooked. So S8 definitely has several of the worst episodes but I still think it's not so bad as a whole.

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The lice episode is pretty bad

I've always actually liked Garden Party

17. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

The best part of Garden Party is the intros by Dwight. Anytime upper management walks in at work, I mentally yell thier names like Dwight. I'm weird.

18. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Lice is just a meh episode to me, much like basically every episode in the mid portion of S9

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm rewatching Stairmageddon now and I still think Dwight and Clark trying to get Stanley down the stairs and out the door is hilarious.

Dwight: "I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this, but ... I've never actually done this before."
    Clark: "Well, if I may, you're a natural."

20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Clark was a really good addition, I wish he was there for season 8

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I really like Clark. don't like Pete much however

22. JM95

Trusted

Clark is one of the only good things about S9

23. BKO5950505

Regular

Agreed x2.

Echoing the like for Clark. Pretty much golden for all of Season 9, minus the newscaster plot in "Roy's Wedding" with him, Erin and Plop.

24. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

That newscaster bit really sucks

25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Been rewatching this show a lot lately and I feel compelled to come up with my top 5 episodes. This is really hard, but taking a stab at it I'd go (in no particular order):

Conflict Resolution
    Product Recall
    The Job
    Goodbye, Michael
    Finale

Extremely difficult to narrow it down to just five, and I also tried to keep it fairly diverse among the different seasons.

fronkensteen likes this.