Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Office (NBC) TV Show • Page 101

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

2. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Reminder: it’s the last day to watch The Office on Netflix.

3. RIP

Good thing I’ve got it on my Plex server all ready to go so I won’t even miss it for a second. Actually, I’ve been watching it on my Plex lately because I can hit shuffle on the whole series which is fun.

4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I still got my DVDs of seasons 1-5

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

For those of you that watch via AppleTV, the complete series is on sale right now for $29.99

Supernova likes this.
  6. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Purchased the whole series for $30 the other day like said above. Yes I have all Blu-Ray/DVD disks for all the bonus content, but I'll be damned if I pay a monthly fee to watch my favorite show of all time digitally. I am curious what they do on Peacock with some of this new content. Maybe its truly unseen content not even in the DVD deleted scenes. From what I read it seems to me that also they will have some episodes reflowed with some of the deleted scenes blended in to the aired content. We shall see. Never hurts to try the free trail..... then 1 month goes by.... the all the sudden you've spent $400 over the course of 3-4 years......... @_@

7. Previously unreleased cold open to the series finale:

disambigujason likes this.
  8. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Some of the deleted scenes that they’ve integrated into various episodes are interesting. Quite a few of them fundamentally alter the context of certain side gags. Probably wouldn’t find myself watching those versions regularly during rewatches of the series.

9. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

10. maldoror

#1 Mudsdale fan

11. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Fun thing: Rainn Wilson is competing in the Chess.com streamer Chess tournament over the next few weeks. He plays today at 5pm EST against Youtbuer/HBO Max's Michelle Khare. I can't guarantee any good chess, but it'll be fun

12. JM95

Trusted

Was just browsing bandcamp for new music and came across this instrumental hip-hop track with Michael and Kevin samples.

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Brent likes this.
  14. jeremyxbolm

Touche Amore Verified

This week on The First Ever Podcast I interview Eric Appel who's a TV director who directed the JURY DUTY (Season 8 Episode 13) episode of The Office. He gives a VERY detailed play by play of what it was like for a director to come on and direct a single episode of this show. REALLY fun listen!

[​IMG]

FTank, Philll and bradsonemanband like this.
  15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

16. Jake Gyllenhaal

I wonder if Kulap had the same experience

17. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I always thought that the joke was "haha look how naively racist Michael is, he thinks all Asian women look alike"

Never really got the impression that the episode was directed at Asian people

18. JM95

Trusted

The joke obviously isn't "all Asian people look alike". And everyone's cast "as a joke" in some way.

If she had a bad experience off screen then that's a different thing.

19. Jake Gyllenhaal

I think this was based on an intended character flaw of Michael, he thought politically incorrect stereotypical humor to be funny. Remember Ping?

D9FC044D-310A-4A8A-8969-D30B8127A9DF.jpeg

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

RyanPm40 likes this.
  21. Jake Gyllenhaal

F0C929DD-9E7E-4AC4-A9C9-B765177C7BB6.jpeg

coleslawed, chewbacca110 and JM95 like this.
  22. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

843BE5DD-21F4-413E-9CDD-AA85D2571897.jpeg

24. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Very much dislike this episode

25. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Raising this thread from the dead for a very dark but funny story I saw on the news the other day:

there have been numerous shootings in Milwaukee this year where kids have been killed and people are rightfully fed up with this happening and wanting to stop the violence and there were people at an intersection where one kid had just died and they were holding signs. What did the signs say? They said “stop killing our kids” but the “stop” had a red circle around it with a line through it and they kept showing it and talking to the guy and I just about passed out because all I could think of was the “don’t don’t bother Luke” scene in The Office, so this guy is holding a sign that essentially says “don’t stop killing our kids”.

a nice person and Zilla like this.