Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Office (NBC) TV Show • Page 100

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by tdlyon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Other than the odd episode I hadn’t watched this show much until recently. Not sure the US version was ever shown in a decent time slot here in the U.K.

Anyway, started watching this a month ago and I’m now on season 6 (just had the mallard duck/secret recorder episode). This show is so good.

I haven’t read much in here because of spoilers but I’m starting to notice them make characters act in ways that don’t feel very true to the character.

Stanley cheating with his personal trainer is one example, although Pam being outright horrible to Michael when she finds out he is dating her mother was one that stood out. Like, yes she would be mad, but to tell Michael she doesn’t care about his happiness didn’t seem like Pam to me.

Hoping this isn’t a theme of the later seasons.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Pam becomes unrecognizable as the show goes on tbh, they don't really course correct that imo

Totally agree with all of those observations :-p

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Honestly, it's better to get used to these versions of the characters for the rest of the show

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

You're better off not worrying about that from here on out, honestly, and just enjoying the absurdity that ends up going on. I will be interested to see what you thing about Season 8 and 9.

5. RyanPm40

I don't even remember if I watched all of S8 & 9. I think I did but they were definitely rough and took awhile to get through

They fucking ruined Andy

6. maldoror

#1 Mudsdale fan

Andy sucked from his first appearance.

7. RyanPm40

He started as a funny but annoying douche (like a pretentious Dwight), then they made him quite likeable and silly, and then just turned him into a straight up evil asshole with no redeemable qualities.

I rooted for him and Erin and hated what they did with it haha

uuu and trevorshmevor like this.
  8. Philll

Trusted

Andy can be patchy but Nard Dog, Big Tuna and "beer me that ..." all get me good every time.

9. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I have fallen so far behind on the podcast, which surprises me because I love the show. I think I’m maybe on episode 5 of season 3 and they just posted season 4 opener I think, if not farther than that.

Idk why, I almost feel like it’s too segmented which takes the fun out of it? Like, they sometimes have good stream of conscious conversations, but most of the time it feels very restrictive and repetitive. And my god the ads. I didn’t notice it the first 10-15 episodes but they really kicked it up a notch after awhile.

RJ Knorr likes this.
  10. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

been rewatching on Netflix (for probably the last time) and I've been trying to watch the background a lot more and be a little bit more observant.

never noticed before that Oscar does not say the "under god" part of the pledge of allegiance when Dwight is manager near the end of season seven. definitely cracked me up.

11. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I usually watch up until Michael leaves, and then start over. Seasons 8 and 9 do nothing for me, and the characters become cartoon versions of themselves.

bradsonemanband and RyanPm40 like this.
  12. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I'm on my who knows what rewatch and I typically skip 9. But I just hit season nine last week so I figured I'd watch it all the way through since it might be my last. I know I can get the disc version, but there's something so simple about just pressing the Netflix button on my remote and it booting up the TV and taking me right to Netflix. It's perfect for getting in bed at night put on an episode or two. I even use the TVs sleep function sometimes. My only alternative would be a disc in my Xbox which is much more troublesome.

13. I put The Office on my Plex server so now I can hit the shuffle button and it will just play random episodes throughout the whole series. I love that shuffle feature.

14. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

After rewatching the first seasons I feel there was a conscious decision to make Pam as interesting as a piece of bread after a certain point. She has so much more snark and personality in the first seasons.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I don’t understand 99% of this post and must now figure out what Plex is so I can do the same.

16. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

You build a server (laptop, desktop, etc.), preferably with a lot of space. You put your content on their, movies, shows, etc., and then you can watch it from where ever.

17. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

The one thing I haven't understood previously, does the computer that you use to upload your items to Plex need to be turned on to access the content or can I shut down my computer and still have access to the files?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Watched the Christmas episodes the other day. Andy getting Erin in Secret Santa and giving her live birds for the 12 Days of Christmas cracks me up so much.

19. RyanPm40

Yep! It needs to be turned on and connected to your network. You aren't really uploading anything, you're turning your computer into a server local to your home

bradsonemanband likes this.
  20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, not uploading to Plex, instead downloading your media and Plex makes your cloud library. So yes, definitely will need to be always on.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  21. Orla and coleslawed like this.
  22. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I hope Kevin Malone isn’t his accountant

chewbacca110, Orla and coleslawed like this.
  23. JM95

Trusted

Kevin... I'm really proud of you.

24. Sarahtonin_

that’s what becoming a mother does to you
    :crylaugh:

25. Sarahtonin_

yes but tbf, so does Jim. That’s why they needed to see a marriage counsellor. They both changed. Jim finally had an exciting job and put that before Pam.