Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The OC TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Kiana, Mar 20, 2016.

1. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I’ve gotten to the stage of quarantine where I’ve decided to watch this for the first time since ohhh...2006?

2. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Not only is it a wonderful cultural artifact, it’s mostly legitimately great

3. personalmaps

I’ve already geeked out at so many music cues. I think this is more of a Rosetta Stone for me than I may have remembered, haha.

Nathan, iCarly Rae Jepsen and Garrett like this.
  4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I said "I can't just wear a wife beater, I'm not Ryan Atwood" earlier this week and no one got the reference. This thread being bumped is great.

Ken and personalmaps like this.
  5. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

My wife and I rewatched (or watched for the first time in her case) the first three series over the last few months. Whilst we enjoyed the first two, the drop off in Season 3 is huge and we gave up and didn't bother with the final season.

6. Garrett

Season 4 is better than 3 tho

7. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

All I can remember from Season 4 is Ryan falling off a ladder (I think?) and that resulting in an awful "what if I didn't come here" episode AND how I just didn't buy into the whole Ryan/Taylor relationship. They're the only two things I remember but they both left a sour taste in my mouth.

Especially when viewing through the context of Season 1/2 which were the pinnacle of my teenage years in television. In fact, the finale of Season 1 is probably my single favourite episode of a TV series ever.

8. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

lmao exact same

9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Season 3 is such an epic trainwreck. I still don't understand how they ruined it so fast.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  10. personalmaps

How does Ben McKenzie just have that hopeful but guarded puppy face down from minute one though. How could you NOT want to adopt him into your rich person life and protect him.

Garrett likes this.
  11. Nathan

season 4 is very good

scottlechowicz and Garrett like this.
  12. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

They threw so much story in a long season one and then season two.

Ken and awakeohsleeper like this.
  13. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Would genuinely be interested in being reminded why if either of you have time.

14. Nathan

Ryan Atwood: cagefighter
    Pre-Parks & Rec Chris Pratt, when he was goofy and lovable instead of a boring action star
    Seth and Summer in general

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  15. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Olivia Wilde is S3. She dated Marissa.

S4 has Kaitlin Cooper played by Willa Holland. Essentially rehashing Marissa but not to the same level.

16. Craig Manning

Pretty sure Olivia Wilde was in season 2.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  17. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Craig Manning likes this.
  18. Craig Manning

I put Mix 2 in my car CD player a few weeks ago and it is fucking incredible. All the soundtracks are great, but that one was pretty formative for me.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Wow, genuinely forgot Chris Pratt was in it!

Seth & Summer in general do make everything better.

20. Garrett

This is so much fun/fantastic.

Brent and ChrisCantWrite like this.
  21. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I’ve been planning to dive into it. I saw a clip they posted with Peter Gallagher..looks like a blast.

22. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Half way through season 2, and I'm not a fan of how truly creepy Seth has gotten, or how open Sandy is with low-key cheating on his wife, who knows about it, and he keeps doing it anyways.

23. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

In one episode they used a bagel slicer and then a few eps later they used a bread knife to cut the bagel. I demand to know where the slicer went!

24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, what’s up with the family’s obsession with bagels; I thought bagels were an east coast thing

25. Garrett

Sandy is an East Coast Jew

Night Channels and Ferrari333SP like this.