Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The OC TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Kiana, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

A troubled youth becomes embroiled in the lives of a close-knit group of people in the wealthy, upper-class neighborhood of Newport Beach, Orange County, California.

[​IMG]

Thread to discuss this awesome show/talk about how it's impossible not to shout "CALIFORNIIIIIIA" when the theme song comes on/Rachel Bilson fan club

Threads likes this.
  2. Kiana

I'm going to marathon this again soon so I need a thread to post my thoughts in

[​IMG]

ChaseTx likes this.
  3. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Twice in high school I got really sick where I had to miss multiple days of school. The first time I watched a marathon of One Tree Hill on the Soap Opera network. The second time I watched almost all of the OC. My introduction to Chris Pratt.

The friend who I borrowed the OC DVDs from texted me to let me know Mischa Barton is going to be on Dancing With the Stars. I think I remember some years ago hearing she had some rough times so I hope she's doing okay.

4. Kiana

Episode 1-3 thoughts: I feel so wrong and conflicted because I want to marry Seth Cohen and Sandy Cohen.

Garrett L. and Jason Tate like this.
  5. Nathan

In those early episodes isn't Seth a doofus who's blown away that a pretty girl knows who Death Cab for Cutie is? Nothing wrong with wanting to marry Peter Gallagher though.

bobby_runs likes this.
  6. Kiana Mar 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 21, 2016)
    Kiana

He is nothing special in the first few eps. He's blown away that Anna knows about comic books and that Marissa knows punk bands. but my longstanding crush on Adam Brody just lives on.

7. Nathan

Deservedly so, he's really great. I wish he was in more stuff.

8. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I still love this show. I was so upset when it was canceled. I even remember trying to see if I could pull off the wife beater/unbuttoned button up/leather cuff look. I couldn't.

I'll never forget when it came back from a commercial break and Underoath was the song playing. Mom watched with me and she was like, "Oh that's unpleasant. You like them, right?"

9. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I love this show!! Good memories

10. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

UGH Anna. I loved her so much.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. Collins

Trusted

This is probably still my favorite show of all time. The first season is bonkers. Oliver is forever on my shit list.

Also, Rooney.

Threads, Garrett L. and Kiana like this.
  12. Kiana

I hate Oliver so much. I ran across a gif of him freaking out the other day and rolled my eyes. I cheered when the actor died in the Texas Chainsaw prequel, I have so much residual hate lol

13. I wanted to be Sandy Cohen. And Jimmy Cooper, except for when he gets beat up.

collin512 likes this.
  14. Collins

Trusted

Holy shit you just blew my mind. I never made the connection that guy was Oliver. I gotta rewatch it now.

Sandy was the ultimate dad.

15. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Oliver was the worst. He went from essentially saving a movie theater in Phantom At The Megaplex, to being a menace in TV society.

16. Is that Enrique Iglesias on your title? If it is, I always liked that song hahah

17. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I'm going to watch Dancing With The Stars just for Mischa Barton and my love for this show.

18. Kiana

Yep!

19. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I really need to go through and re-watch this. It's been way too long, and it's one of my favorites.

20. Threads

Regular Prestigious

Not sure how I missed the existence of this thread. I went to make my own because I've been thinking about doing my first rewatch but it's already taken care of it. This site has fab taste.

When I first watched this it was in like 2009 or 2010 when I was in high school. I was already late to the party and had somehow avoided most major spoilers so I watched it an episode a night. Honestly at times that next episode was the thing that helped me through some of the bad days. I'll try to watch in a similar format to avoid unhealthy binge watching.

21. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

I noticed this morning that this is on Hulu now. I know what I'm doing this weekend!

NERDBIRD and Eric Wilson like this.
  22. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Did not know this. Fantastic news!

Laura likes this.
  23. Kiana

Almost done with my rewatch of season 1. Just got through the Oliver storyline THANK GOD.

Seth is an idiot but Adam Brody's hair is at its peak so far in the series.

I always forget about the Luke/Julie thing like WHY

24. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Wished this was on Netflix. Would make watching much easier

25. stayillogical Apr 13, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 13, 2016)
    stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

The cold opens of this show (can I call them that?) are so great. I love the Cohens just throwing around quips in the morning while eating bagels.

Unrelated, I think my favorite moment of the series is on Thanksgiving when Summer and Anna confront Seth in the kitchen. I love the family's reactions.

TheWater(s) likes this.